HELP Needed! collar size for router to use on dovetail jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_vb36

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, me again! I went ahead and bought a dovetail jig but have no idea what size collar I will need to use with the router, do I measure the gap between the teeth and will that be the size of the collar I need? the gap is 12mm or 0.47" so if anyone out there as got a collar that they want to sell I will take it off your hands, also how do I work out the size of the router bit that is needed to cut the dovetails, thanks for all your help guys, regards Matt.

The guide will be specific to your router make as it screws to the router base.
e.g. I have a 1/2 Dewalt and 1/4 Elu with a kit of reducing sizes which happens to fit both as the same company. Elu and Trend are the same as well I think.

You can also get a universal sub base and cheap guide kits if I remember. Do a search and I'm sure you'll find something.

Bob

Lons":2vuco8fj said:
The guide will be specific to your router make as it screws to the router base.
e.g. I have a 1/2 Dewalt and 1/4 Elu with a kit of reducing sizes which happens to fit both as the same company. Elu and Trend are the same as well I think.

You can also get a universal sub base and cheap guide kits if I remember. Do a search and I'm sure you'll find something.

Bob
cheers Bob, i'll see what I can find, Matt.

Back