help needed basic ecommerce website

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clk230

Established Member
Reaction score
I need a basic ecommerce website , i'll be selling about 15 - 20 different items ,all i want is a picture of each item a little description and the price happy to accept paypal as the only payment .

I've come across several sites that offer template type store fronts e.g. freewebstore.org has anyone got any experience with these or should i be looking else were.

I can do basic stuff like uploading pictures & altering text but i really don't have the time or knowledge to build my own .

thanks Oscar

I use one called Shopping Cart Creator Pro which is easy to use but you pay for the software - one off charge.
The company that do it is called Coffee Cup and they're based in the US but it has PayPal integration so it's easy to take payments.

Another one you might like to look at is OpenCart. It's free, open-source and there are lots of add-ons, some free and some paid. Check out my site if you want to see what it looks like.
Cheers
Steve

they both look very interesting there's a couple on the open source site that look good i may download the program and have a play , is it easy to find a decent hosting company ?

thanks oscar

I have used 34SP who were good when I used them. The one we're using now is IX Webhosting. Both good.

The cheapest and i think easiest way, is find yourself a free web page/ blog/ hosting service for example wordpress( http://wordpress.com/), blogger etc and then create your page using a free template, make it yours by inserting appropriate text and images, and if you have a paypal account you can create individual 'buy it now' buttons in paypal and paste them into your page. Then when the item is 'bought' links are sent to you and the purchaser to PP page etc and job done. for an example see my not a blog below.
I did this with no previous knowledge, just using the tutorials in Paypal and wordpress.

really isn't that hard to make a website or I wouldn't have been able to. This site www.wooburntaichi.co.uk, was made with Serif Webplus X4 which is now updated to X5 - http://www.serif.com/webplus/ and you can make it all look as you want. First shot at it took me a weekend to make and it was online by the Monday. Serif will try and phone you up and sell you stuff though unless you ask them not to.

Back