Help, my Sabre 350 is making a strange loud electrical buzzing sound!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louie10

Established Member
Reaction score
My Record Power Sabre 350 is only 3weeks old, and I have used it about 6 times, today while out in the workshop I noticed a louder than normal electrical buzzing noise when switching the bandsaw on and running, also there is vibration in the table, sometimes the noise would appear and other times gone almost completely, the sound when bad seemed to come from the on/off switch and then other times from the motor and capacitor area, I have reported this to the folks at record power and await their response, I am very concerned that only 3weeks old and used 6 times it seems to have issues already, is there a breaking in period for bandsaws? Your comments and advice would be very much appreciated, regards Louie.

Last edited:
No breaking in period as such, more fine tuning to get things set just right . Be wary of doing anything that might void your warranty until you hear from RP.

No breaking in period as such, more fine tuning to get things set just right . Be wary of doing anything that might void your warranty until you hear from RP.
Thanks Mark, I contacted RP and they showed me how to vacuum inside the electrical panel and the buzzing seemed to settle down, hope that solves it, great bandsaw I have to say.

Thanks Mark, I contacted RP and they showed me how to vacuum inside the electrical panel and the buzzing seemed to settle down, hope that solves it, great bandsaw I have to say.

apart from the buzzing and the vibration after using it 6 times!

With a machine plummed beforehand there should be no vibration, if tested without a blade installed.
It suggests there's a misaligned belt/wheel.

Just learned a wee lesson about that last week and had to buy bearings for my old motor.
Was happening anyway, but that was the straw that broke the camels back.
Messing about with the wheel was no issue before I bought a new belt.
Should have tried one thing at a time.

Back