Help me choose a cordless drill set

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I,ve got a Metabo set impact,combo,jigsaw,circular saw and sds with 5.2ah batteries I,vve had the set for a year so far and as a site joiner
it,s had ALOT of hammer and I,m really impressed the batteries last for ages the impact has 3 setting which comes in handy for smaller stuff that a impact would normally be to harsh for.

Geordie

I've just been through this exercise although only looking for a replacement drill as I'd finally got fed up with the lousy chucks on my two Makita drills. The Makita impact, on the other hand, is still superb. So I asked over on woodworkuk and there were many recommendations for the Festool CXS and, like you, thought it would be an arm and a leg job but to my pleasant surprise it came in (inc VAT) at just under £200. Comes with a right angle attachment.

I've been using it today for the first time and am quietly gobsmacked.

RogerS":3slx3byz said:
I've just been through this exercise although only looking for a replacement drill as I'd finally got fed up with the lousy chucks on my two Makita drills. The Makita impact, on the other hand, is still superb. So I asked over on woodworkuk and there were many recommendations for the Festool CXS and, like you, thought it would be an arm and a leg job but to my pleasant surprise it came in (inc VAT) at just under £200. Comes with a right angle attachment.

I've been using it today for the first time and am quietly gobsmacked.
To get the CXS at that price contact Warren at Bunny's Bolts in Woking http://www.toolfest.co.uk

I used my Makita 18V today and couldn't help noticing the Chuck on it is a Rohm with both English and German instructions on it.

Back