Help!!......Lady needing some advice!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10rednecker10

Reaction score
Hi there

I wonder if anyone can help me

My partner is showing great enthusiasm for woodworking, so as a christmas gift, i would like to pay for him to have a days workshop to learn afew basic skills. He has built our son a brilliant play house, and a lovely work bench in his shed. But i know he would like to built a keep sake box and maybe a coffee table but, doesnt have thejoining skills ect to do so.
So, if anyone can help, by offering a surgestion of somewhere i could book< i would be very greatful.
Also, I found on line, a woodworking show at ali pali, but the dates were for last year, does anyone know if this is going ahead this year? if so, can i prebook tickets??

Thankyou very much to anyone who takes the time to read my post

ps , We are in south lincolnshire, but could travel to norwich, peterboro, cambridge thankyou

heidi

Hi Heidi,

For a weekend course you could look at Chris Tribe in Yorkshire.

Ally Pally will be on again next year. I've checked the web site and they are still showing this year. Normally, it will be on the same weekend, but you can confirm it by checking here.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Neil

Hey Neil,
Thanks greatly for that. I have since rung the hotline number for the woodwork show at ali pali and the lady said they are no longer doing that show!! Wonder if it is moving venue??
thanks for the reply
heidi

I've spent some time in Dodges workshop and its a nice place to spend a day or so, a really nice genuine guy, he couldn't be more helpful. I recommend speaking with him further.

Hi Heidi
Take a look at Craft Supplies (01433 6225500)
I came away with a very nice table made on one of their training courses. It was based on the Shopsmith but also covered some routing and some very theraputic turning of the main spindle.

Graham

Back