HELP! jigsaw problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digizz

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a Bosch PST850 PE jigsaw - had it quite a few years. I'm having problems (and always have had) with it not cutting perpendicular to the wood.

The blade is square to the base but as I progress across the wood (well, in this case MDF), the blade starts to flex sideways (to the right), resulting in an angled cut through the wood. This is whether I use it free-hand or up against a straight edge.

Is this something I'm doing or rubbish tool/needs some adjustment?

I'm trying to cut out a large opening in a sheet of 19mm veneered MDF. I'm using a Bosch progressor blade which does give a good finish (well- the edge that I need).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul.

IIRC, Lennox blades are frequently put forward as an improvement/solution. A search on Lennox should bring up some stuff I think.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":37zjhqu1 said:
IIRC, Lennox blades are frequently put forward as an improvement/solution. A search on Lennox should bring up some stuff I think.

Cheers, Alf

Thanks Alf.

I got very frustrated in the workshop this evening - one of those days (mind you, I have been in the workshop most of the week - probably need a break!)

Back