Help in Southampton, please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to got to go to the Isle of Wight for a brief visit. I am planning to drive to Southampton and catch the ferry as a pedestrian. Can any local suggest a sensible place place to park my car for an overnight stay? I want somewhere convenient for the ferry and safe, of course.
Any recommendations very welcome! I don't know the area at all, so I'll be relying on Sybil the Satnav.
Thanks very much
Steve

Steve,
I've never needed to park overnight as I live about 10 miles away but you might like to look here

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/carp ... uthampton/

The ferry terminal is a short walk away.

The leisure world car park seems to be suggesting £4 for long stay but this seems very cheap compared to the other nearby shoppers car parks. I would suggest finding a way to corroborate the parking charges just in case.

hth

Bob

That carpark serves amongst other venues, the Odeon cinema. Their website says that it is free for patrons and my wife seems to think that the car park becomes free once the cinema opens whenever that is. So maybe the £4 charge is only for early arrivals?

Sorry this is a bit vague

Bob

Steve, as Harbo mentioned, Red Funnel Ferries suggest Triangle Car Park (which is right next to the ferry terminal at the Pier) but, off peak is £12 for 24 hours and Peak is £23! Peak is probably Monday to Friday but website is not clear.
Saver ferry price is £22.50 each way so if it's 2 days then take your car!

I will PM you with an alternative suggestion.

David

Back