Help in identifying these woods

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
I mainly use sheet material for most of my work but got a phone call from a friend to say that a conservatory company was moving and they were throwing loads in the skip. I remove all but one of the seats in my A140 and went and loaded up twice - once for me and once for my friend . Attached is a picture of 4 of 6 of the wood types I got. Any help would be appreciated.
wood.jpg

Barry

Hi Barry

The second from the left looks like sapelle but I cant tell what the rest are as the pic's need to be a little closer :)

looks like

1 = Poplar
2 = Sapele or Maranti
3 = Mahongany (maybe, not sure on that one)
4 = Sapele or Maranti

Looking at them again I think you are right about

3/ Lauan and I think you are stop on the rest

Yep, I agree with the oak and sapele idents.

But hell, whatever it is, with a carload of that stuff I see good times ahead!
Nice find Barry, and I'm not jealous. Nope. Not one bit!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Right, where's the nearest conservatory company. I'm off skiphunting!!

Gary

Gary would would have been very unhappy had you seen the bloke with a chainsaw cutting wood up for his fire at home.
Barry

NO NO, its all rubbish, you won't be able to make anything out of it.

You best put in all back in the car and drive it over to my shop, I don't charge for disposing of this sort of stuff, after all its a public service.

What's the phrase I'm looking for....oh I remember

You Suck (big time).

Best gloat for a long time, nice one Barry, time to make proper saw dust for that cyclone to chew on. :D :roll: :wink:

Right Barry

In the second pic
1/ Oak
2/ Beech
last two look like Mahogany but the pic's are not too clear :)

I like this game can we have more :D
Ps I am not sure if that big lumb is poplar but if you plane a bit and take pic, I can let you know :) , I might start this with some of the timbers I have like Scrit's machine thread :-k

DaveL is this a gloat?? This is half that I collected - the other half is Sapele , Maranti and Mahongany from Colin's and Andy's comments and there is just as much again.
Barry
wood4.jpg

Back