Help I'm being Plagued !!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
A collegue at work has discovered that I am also a woodworker, Great News you would think :) Unfortunatly his idea of woodwork is Handy Andy and his MDF constructions :shock: . I have tried to educate him by bringing some walnut and some oak for him to play with, he reported back saying it did not paint very well :shock: and it needed to much finishing :roll: . He has now offered me use of his recording of changing rooms for inspiration :cry:

Now what can I do short of feeding him through the thicknesser

Bean

Ouch :shock: , Did you call the police? I'm sure there is a law about painting walnut

Bean,
Obviously you need to drop him a tape of the "New Yankee Workshop". 2 or 3 episodes and he's hooked. Then see the change! :lol:
cheers
Philly :D

take a nicely tuned smoother to the wood, and show him what it looks like before and after. Perhaps with an oil finish too.

That'll teach him! Paint's what you put on walls, not on real wood!

Thanks for the suggestions and I realise that feeding him through the thicknesser would be rash.......after all It would ruin the filter :shock:
I like the idea of the angle grinder though !! 8)
I will try with one more finished piece and then set the dogs upon him 8) and consign him to :twisted: MDF heaven if there is such a place, or is that what they call purgatory !

Bean

Bean":1hcqehxa said:
I have tried to educate him by bringing some walnut and some oak for him to play with...
I can see where you went wrong Bean - now had you brought in a nice railway sleeper or something he'd have no doubt got the message, and brought back a coffee table... :shock:

Bean take him out the back and introduce him to the singing shovel (kerclang) swift blow to the rear of the bonce twice a day should cure him of the handy andy demon that has possessed him :lol:

AP had i realised that you were a driver o demons I would have PM'd you earlier.
To day to be polite I came home with 2 videos of changing rooms which have nearly gone onto the fire tonight. I cannot help but think I am digging a hole for myself

He didn't even seem to keen on the finished walnut :shock: I may have to take you advice and resort to blows

Bean

Bean - I see a wonderful opportunity arising.... :twisted:

Just tape over said video's with some shows from His Normness, and say you left them in the VCR by mistake....

Bean,AP
If anyone had looked in the window and seen me laughing
my head off, at 3am, they just would have thought......
NUTTER!!!!!

TX

tx2man":2iast5l1 said:
If anyone had looked in the window and seen me laughing my head off, at 3am, they just would have thought...... NUTTER!!!!!
Oh, that was you, was it?

Latest posts

Back