Help & Ideas please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenmac

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all I don't post a lot on here but read posts all the time as I'm just getting in to woodwork as a hobby, so I know nowt really so can't help with anything as you lot are what I call proper experts.
But now I need some ideas & help/advice & really do need it, we came down this morning & found our 9 month old kitten had past away during the night & she is being cremated & I would like to make a nice box for her ashes when she comes home but don't know where to start or the best way to get a nice finish/design & best wood to use so any help would be grateful.

Cheers
Ken

kenmac":3u7hjtec said:
Hi all I don't post a lot on here but read posts all the time as I'm just getting in to woodwork as a hobby, so I know nowt really so can't help with anything as you lot are what I call proper experts.
But now I need some ideas & help/advice & really do need it, we came down this morning & found our 9 month old kitten had past away during the night & she is being cremated & I would like to make a nice box for her ashes when she comes home but don't know where to start or the best way to get a nice finish/design & best wood to use so any help would be grateful.

Cheers
Ken

Hi Ken so sorry about the kitten. Never know one of the guys here might donate a box to you as their are loads of good guys on here always willing to help. If you are determined to make one yourself then do you have any wood at home. You can make any box out of most woods but it is the love that you put into it that makes the box special. Hope you get some good advice from some of the guys on here who have made boxes before. All i can tell you is the angle of the mitered sides are important to get right if you want the box to look good.
Thanks tim

I don't much care for cats, but it's always horrible when you lose a pet, especially one so young, so you have my sympathies.

If you want to make a box yourself, have a look at some of Devonwoody's posts. There's lots of information about boxes and how he makes them on there as it's his main interest.

Otherwise, you could always ask one of the Woodturners to make you an urn, I think there's several turners on here that are local to you.

Back