HELP HELP I'm been dragged to the abyss of

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallace

Established Member
Reaction score
PLANES

Forgive me father for I have sinned I bought 3 planes today.

planes2.jpg

All for the princely sum of £15

I also got talking to a regular stall holder who deals in tools, he sometimes has the odd No4 -5, I asked if he had any others and he said he had one of the best collections of planes in britain. Three No 1's four No 2's and so on. He bought the toolchest of a famous carpenter who built HMS blah blah I forgot the name. He mentioned what he said is a very special plane which the experts denied its existance it has a ivory infill. He said he dose not bring collectable stuff because people offer very silly prices. So if anyone is after that something special. I asked if he had an e-mail but he said he cant use a computer.

Mark

Well Mark...at least you had a bootfair today...it has been tipping it down all night and most of today in Tropical Kent... :(

You will find that as long as you take each one...study it and make it work like a dream...you will be hooked enough to get the next one...and then it gets really bad. I'm having to make another cabinet for the ones I have now...that is when you know you have a problem! :mrgreen:

More pictures please...close up on the metal soled rebate...and the compass rebate (?) and any maker's marks?

If you need a spring for the other shears...try looking out for a pair of garden ones to replace it...you can find hundreds of them at bootfairs this time of year as people clear out their sheds...their roses long having died! :wink:

In lieu of stomping through mud this morning I took a gamble and bought a mystery hone from FleaBay for a tenner posted...will let you know if the gamble pays off next week... 8)

Nice score mate! Try to get the guy with the infills to bring a few of the strange ones for you to look at and perhaps photograph?

Jim

Heres a few more pics

newplane2.jpg

newplane1.jpg

newplane4.jpg

newplane3.jpg

This has a makers mark of John Moseley & Son 54-55 Broad St Bloomsbury London

Mark

AHHA!!!!

Now that you have an excellent West Country steel-soled skew rebate plane....what you need is one of these with nickers...

DSC_0934.JPG

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jim

Back