help for best quality accurate electric mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephenCC

Reaction score
i am looking for advice for purchasing the best quality mitre saw (sliding or chop) - for carpentry work. size and power not the issue - I need precision and accuracy, consistency on relatively small pieces of wood.

any ideas for the best quality finest wood cutting circ blade

Stephen

I have had a Festool Kapex KS 120 for a few years, I find it to be very accurate and easy to use.

Festool also do the KS 60 which has a smaller capacity, I am sure will be as good, it might suit you better if you are only cutting smaller pieces.

Accuracy and ease of use> Festool Kapex as above.

For bigger capacity> Bosch GDL 12. Mine is as accurate as the Kapex I have used, but more awkward to set up for compound mitres.

Both will do high quality work when set up spot on.

If you want accuracy on small parts I would advise a non sliding chop saw.

I had a virutex chop saw (non sliding) it was rock solid. I sold it as I now do all my fine cross cutting on a sliding table saw.

https://www.virutex.es/productos/?action=producte&id=69

Also have elu and dewalt sliding chop saws, they are not 100% accurate and you don't get repeat ability.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Since you didn't include cost as a decision factor, you might consider the Omga line of saws. These are very expensive, and I've only seen one in action, but it was accurate and repeatable.

Latest posts

Back