HELP discontinued part

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazmac1

Reaction score
Hi,I am trying to source a table (whole table not just insert) for a Record RSBS12 bandsaw.
I even called the company and they don't stock it anymore.
trying to surprise my husband and failing miserably.I am in Runcorn,Cheshire if that helps.Thanks

"Band Saw Table Insert Diameter 70mm Record BS-300 / BS-350 /BS-400 & Others" On the auction site might be what you are looking for..
If not an option is to get someone to 3d print one

"Band Saw Table Insert Diameter 70mm Record BS-300 / BS-350 /BS-400 & Others" On the auction site might be what you are looking for..
If not an option is to get someone to 3d print one
thanks the for replying
the insert is for the blade I need the actual full table.

I feel you best hope is to pick up another machine perhaps with a dead motor or some other problem that knocks the price right down and rob the table from that. Scouring gumtree/ebay perhaps? Good Luck

This is a bit of a long shot idea but this table might well be the same as many others from similar machines. So how would we find out. You only need to know what the trunions are in terms of radius.

First idea is to ask Record what other tables might have been used.
Second is to see what similar machines have been made.
Third is try to find a well used and abused version cheaply to rob the table from or replace the table and trunions.

Very expensive to do a cast-iron one but I bet a local fabricators could knock one up in 6mm plate steel, do you still have the adjustable semicircular thing underneath that the table bolts to? I’m guessing that’s how it works.

If record have a design document the top of the table would be straight forward, and an aftermarket fence. The trunnions to attach the table would be harder to knock up but with a drawing could be laser cut. Your starting to spend £100s to fix it though- a second hand bandsaw may work out the same price

You could try Charnwoods and speak to their technical help. Many of these bandsaws are the same just re-badged and painted in different colours e.g. Charnwoods sold Woodcraft
W721 Charnwood 12'' 300mm Woodworking Bandsaw but look at the others in their range to gauge the best match.

Lumberjack Lumberjack Tools - Lumberjack BS254 - Professional 254mm 10 Inch Band Saw Woodworking - Bandsaw -
hope this is useful and good luck with your search, saying the very word 'bandsaw' would make my wife's eyes glaze over..

Wood is not very durable for such applications. Too soft and too unstable. I would look for a table from whatever bandsaw of the same size and have a machinist make trunnions to fit.

Back