Help changing the bearings in my lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HynesPattern

Reaction score
I have a Wadkin RS 2269 lathe, and I need to change the bearings in it. I have ordered the new replacement bearings, but I was hoping someone could help me out with or direct me to a general how-to walkthrough for changing the bearings on the lathe myself. Any advice or assistance is greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

Well I couldn't find anything concerning installation of parts or anything on their website. Perhaps I'll have to call them and ask. Their website is more of listings and descriptions of products and about their company. And contacting them for them to do things.

The walkthrough for the engine lathe is great and just what I'm looking for if this were an engine lathe. Though being an old style wood lathe it's bearings and mechanics are a decent bit different. Does anyone know if a detailed and greatly illustrated walkthrough like the engine lathe bearing changing exists for a lathe more like mine? If so it would be a godsend!!

Hi. I have just seen your post about changing the bearings on your RS lathe so i might be a bit late have you managed ? If not, you could email me at as I have done this on an old RS but I also have later RS Wadkin Lathe. You will find that the current owners of the Wadkin brand name (Daltons) are very unhelpful regarding old Wadkin machines.(my first post) Regards Stan.

Back