Hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sporky McGuffin

Light entertainer
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure of the local etiquette, but I understand it is generally considered polite to introduce oneself before getting too stuck in. Hello!

I am Andi. I have two thirds of a double garage for a workshop. I started off in woodwork makng electric guitars but have since branched into some box-making, acquired a lathe for round things and am presently engaged on turning quite a lot of rough-sawn Poplar into two bookcases. I have a nice Axminster bandsaw, thickness planer and lathe, Bosch blue tablesaw, mitre saw and routers and two CNC machines - one little Bungardt CCD/2 for making PCBs and one larger K2 (more or less rebuilt from scratch) for wood machining. I use Rhino3D for a lot of planning.

I look forward to learning more. :)

Hi Andi :D

Welcome to the fold and hope you enjoy being here. You'll find lots of very helpful people about. Just be careful that you don't mention the unmentionable subject (which involves disenblunting tools!)

Ross

Thanks all. I've had a good read before posting at all, so I have some idea of the subjects to avoid... Once I pass the hotlinking limit I'll post a few things I've made, and what I think is probably either an awful or brilliant idea for some compound-fulcrum box hinges I've been working on.

...and I think that did it. A couple of exhibits.

Best bowl so far:

050414%20padauk%20bowl%207%20front%20SMALL.jpg

Some boxes:

Box3-1.jpg

box4-1-sm.jpg

box6-4-sm.jpg

And a couple of general decorative items:

grass2.jpg

blocks2.jpg

Other than the bookcases my main projects at the moment are a cufflink box for my brother, and a solar-powered ducted-fan bumblebee mobile for the back garden.

It's like living inside a rice pudding.

We've stripped it from most of the house but the living room and hallway are still to do...

Sporky McGuffin":76vmcbbj said:
It's like living inside a rice pudding.

We've stripped it from most of the house but the living room and hallway are still to do...

:lol:
F*** me !! Graham and Brown have a lot to answer for :lol:
Blown vinyl wall paper I know people who thought they were posh having that on their walls.
Better than woodchip though :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Whoever invented that should be ****** with the rag mans trumpet

Some of it's got four coats of paint on. And the previous owners ripped out a load of the original 50s parquet floor so they could gob on a hideous brobdingnagian yellow brick fireplace. That took an hour to shift with a sledgehammer and other implements of destruction.

It gets weirder though; all the door frames are steel.

Hi Andi, welcome to the forum. It's full of very helpful members and you only have to ask a question to get all sorts of answers. Hope you enjoy being here and keep up the posting, with photos wherever possible.

Have fun

Alex

Sporky McGuffin":a8xsvj3g said:
Some of it's got four coats of paint on. And the previous owners ripped out a load of the original 50s parquet floor so they could gob on a hideous brobdingnagian yellow brick fireplace. That took an hour to shift with a sledgehammer and other implements of destruction.

Aaahhh - so you've come from one asylum to another ... :)

Sporky McGuffin":27xpkc4u said:

If I had a pound for every hideous sin I've mullered with a sledgehammer from various "homes" over the years I'd have......nearly enough for a good night out! My late Mum's 60's built chalet bungalow was basically one sin abutting another right the way through the house. I've just returned from the avocado bathroom suite to investigate tile damage......I have a headache now on so many levels!!!

Back