Hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan.patten

Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents, just wanted to say hello properly on here as haven't done so yet.

My name is Dan and I am 24 and live in Manchester.

I am taking up woodworking as a hobby as I have always had a passion for woodwork and am now in a position to be able to fund tools, timber etc.

I am currently working out of a small shed and enjoy working outside when weather permits, however intend on building a proper workshop as soon as possible.

I find the information available on this site to be some of the most comprehensive (and friendly) available on the web and hope to become a part of the excellent community here.

Thanks for reading.

Dan

Welcome Dan. You will find people on here friendly and knowledgeable. One thing to remember though, we like pictures!

And if you have two sheds your name is Jackson! :mrgreen:

Boy..that dates me! :oops:

Welcome to a very friendly forum Dan!

I'm sure you will find all you need here...even if you now need to build another shed! :mrgreen:

Jim

The new shed will have to wait unfortunately as due to a growing family we think will be moving house shortly - my original idea was to build the wall panels in sections coach bolted together so it could easily be taken down, however I have a couple of problems with that idea.

1- how to remove the roof boards once its felted (proper torch on felt not shed felt)
2- how to undo said coach bolts once the wall panels are insulated and osb'd

Not impossible but add into that the cost of running SWA down the garden and pouring a concrete raft for the base, and it seems unfeasible to move it once built.

Looks like i will be stuck in my leaky old shed a while longer :(

Dan

Hi Dan

Tricky things these families! ;0). Juggling workshop and family is a fine art in itself, but I am sure it will all come together for you soon. You have definitely come to the right site for advice and inspiration for your workshop build, there are so many informative topics and members willing to share their knowledge and experiences to see you right.

Take care, be safe and good luck with house hunting/move.

Gwilym

Latest posts

Back