Hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alli

Established Member
Reaction score
I found your forum a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying reading the posts. I can see it is a friendly place.

I would like to introduce myself, I am David and am relatively new to turning, which in my case is the most frustrating (at times) but highly enjoyable way of making kindling. I am looking forward to reading further posts.

Cheers
David

Welcome to the forum, your right in thinking it's a friendly place, I was 'lurking' for quite a while but have now even joined the challenge. There is always either an answer to those obvious questions or just pure insiration for future projects. I'm sure you'll learn a lot. I certainly have.

Steve

Welcome David, yes it can be expensive if you wish,or it can be quite expensive if you really wish.
but if you really really wish it can be very very expensive.
So enjoy yourself

boysie39":1qk8fe5z said:
Welcome David, yes it can be expensive if you wish,or it can be quite expensive if you really wish.
but if you really really wish it can be very very expensive.
So enjoy yourself
Yes Boysie, but tell them how much fun it is getting poor :? Welcome to both of you.

Welcome David

apparently, when you get really good you won't even have any decent kindling left - you turn 1kg blanks into 10g bowls with 1mm walls; in fact the finish may weigh more than the wood!

but it's fun

Thank you for your warm welcome.

I have been pinching the fire wood and making the kindling, and now the wood pile is getting low. I think I will now have to start on the logs to stack up on fire wood!!!

I quite agree about the getting poor, I live far to close to Didcot where there is a very good turning shop, talk about a kid in a sweat shop!

look forward to reading your posts soon.
Cheers David

Back