Hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Byrne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello to All
Now that Adam has drawn me out of the woodwork, I will introduce myself.
I am a live person :D Living in Southern Oklahoma, USA. I am retired and getting older by the day. (67 years). I enjoy woodworking. I think that the satisfaction outweights the frustrations involved. I discovered this forum a while back and decided to join a few months ago. I have learned some good tips and got to enjoy a lot of your projects via photos. One of the things I like about this forum is that some of you can disagree with each other, but still do it in a gentlemenly manner. This cannot be said about all forums I am sad to say.
I now realize Adam was just kidding about us yanks. No one would paint with such a broad brush.
:D

Thanks inadvanceyou for letting me join in on some future coments.
Travis

Welcome aboard Travis! Hope you enjoy the ride... :wink:

Alf":32moq0vk said:
... Pull up a chair and have a cup of tea :D
And that's as far as some of us get to woodworking at the moment :cry:

Well Travis what can I say, that the others have not....Welcome to the forum :D Its nice to meet you !

Bean

Better late than never, so another welcome from me, too :).

What kind of woodworking are you partial to, Travis? Anything in particular, or just wood cutting in general?

Hi Travis

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy it here - they are a pretty good bunch :wink:

Pete W":2wpl7m41 said:
Better late than never, so another welcome frme,too :).

What kind of woodworking are you partial to, Travis? Anything in particular, or just wood cutting in general?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
This the my latest project--If I can get the picture to work. (I am a lot newer to computers than woodworking. :D
view.html

One warning that ought to be posted about our friends over the pond is never let your wives purchase any knickers when in the USA,

One Yank and there off.

Alf":1wrjl9k7 said:
not being a member of imagestation I can't see the pic.

Odd, I'm not a member of Imagestation either. I just cut'n'pasted the link from Travis's original message and it opened up the web page. I then extracted the URL for the pic from there.

Incidentally, for anyone struggling with, or frightened by, picture posting, it really is easy. Adam's tutorial linked above in the thread tells you everything you need to know, but it only boils down to three things really:
1. The picture needs to be on the Internet somewhere.
2. You need to link to *the picture itself* not to the web page where it's shown.
3. You must close the tags around the URL.

Pete

Pete W":3hvnmg3h said:
Here you go... :)
f662f0eb.jpg

Very nice work.

Pete

Good day to you Travis.

The reason the link won't work is that imagestation don't really like direct linking for some reason. If i cut and paste the URL I get this message

"Forbidden You don't have permission to access /picture/sraid145/p33bc5efe14aa0d698643a2f401970a7e/f662f0eb.jpg on this server."

I've seen people have more trouble with imagestation than any other image hosting site. I tried linking a second time to that URL and got the image. I'll switch it to pbase.com and so you can see the picture below.

original.jpg

Pete W":zppjvxwn said:
Alf":zppjvxwn said:
not being a member of imagestation I can't see the pic.

Odd, I'm not a member of Imagestation either. I just cut'n'pasted the link from Travis's original message and it opened up the web page.
Yeah, sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn't. Can I boringly recommend Uploadit again? Twenty images hosted free, but pretty reasonable yearly rate too for unlimited pics. No affiliation etc etc

Thanks Adam. Nice job, Travis. :D

Cheers, Alf

Back