Hello !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Martin

Reaction score
Since I couldn't find an 'introductions' section I've posted this here.

I thought I'd give a quick intro and also my thanks to the forum organisers and members for the help that this site has provided on many occasions. As a none member, this site has popped into my google search results perhaps more than any other when looking for all manner of woodworking info. It's been a great help and I'm looking forward to maybe contributing in some small way.

As for myself, I'm a keen general DIY enthusiast (i.e. I hate paying tradesmen for skills I can learn and apply myself), with a particular enjoyment of woodworking. I've been' dabbling' for perhaps 25 years but in the last 10 have started to take my hobby a little more seriously. I'm fortunate to have a little more time (kids are older) and a little more disposable income (although still closely managed by my wife :D ).

I have a small and very disorganised workshop (otherwise known as a garage), and a fairly wide array of tools. In recent years I've grown my collection of hand woodworking tools a little, some new, but many bought from online auctions and reconditioned. I enjoy the process of understanding how something should work, and returning it to that state. A simple please but one I'm sure I share with many others here.

Anyway, I've probably already rambled on sufficiently so I'll stop there. It's good to be here and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

Cheers

Dave

Hello David and welcome,if there's help available you can find it on this forum ,a collection of generally friendly folk who are usually at peace with each other ,a piece of friendly advice,don't mention sharpening or spelling!

Back