Hello to all from me in Dorset

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum Jord. I guess you are on a farm? You have some great equipment already and lots of time to learn!!

Cheers Sandyn not a farms as sorts as its only a few acre but parents small holding. Like I said earlier I got a cast iron addiction :) big old cast is cheap and if not to abused works well for me. (y)

Perhaps they got the idea from this?
Subbuteo!!! Or whatever it was called!! I must admit, i havent heard that one before!

Kev I just put these to dad he had heard of kevin costner the bloke in the new untuchables
Ha, thats not very new now 😆 must be at least 20 years old. Sean connery was in that one too. I'm 40, how old is your dad?

@baldkev

You forgot about Kevin the minion lol,
Ahh kevin the minion, but he's kinda cool ( being yellow ) so that doesnt count.
Can anyone else think of a good kev / kevin?? Im not into football before you all shout kevin keegan. Although I could happily get into michelle keegan 🤣😁

. Like I said earlier I got a cast iron addiction
So do I. The heavier the better. It started with an anvil, then a bandsaw, and a pillar drill. Before I realised what was happening, I had a planer, then a table saw, now looking for a thicknesser.....hooked!!!

Monty python?
"He's not the messiah, has just a naughty boy called Kevin"

Welcome, looks like you have got some good heavy gear to start with ,Dorset is one of my favourite places with one of my favourite pubs The Anchor inn at Seatown had Sunday lunch there a few weeks ago.

Clive.
The Anchor pub at Seatown brings back memories of many summer hols. first in static caravan then tenting at what was a farm site between Chideok & Seatown 1968- 1990. One very much remembered hol. was 1969 when the local IPA (Palmers - Bridport) at the Anchor got the better of me! -lethal stuff if not used to it!

Welcome, looks like you have got some good heavy gear to start with ,Dorset is one of my favourite places with one of my favourite pubs The Anchor inn at Seatown had Sunday lunch there a few weeks ago.

Clive.
My last visit to Seatown was 1997 on foot from a certificated CC site at N.Chideock. Seatown is not the best of places for a 6.5m motor home. For the price of a night at Golden Cap (which I did climb) camp site, one good get B&B in a French hotel. A LOT of changes have happened since my early visits, when back then you could park at the end of the road (most of that's gone ) & watch the sea & the guys loading up stones from he 'beach', I think for export?. I also found that, as a whole, Dorset Councils do like like motorhomes. Even West Bay turned into a 'no-go' area for them. But now for me those travelling days are gone - too many aches & pains, an age thing or so I'm led to believe! Now it's woodworking & having made some sideboards, end tables, & a pedestal desk & having to stop the'big stuff', I've 'down-sized' to woodworking in small scale, building model ships.
Incidentally, the Anchor was/is a favorite of Johnny Walker (DJ).

Stuart

So do I. The heavier the better. It started with an anvil, then a bandsaw, and a pillar drill. Before I realised what was happening, I had a planer, then a table saw, now looking for a thicknesser.....hooked!!!

Yep same here Sandy,:) I wanted a thicknesser and I was looking at a couple from screwfix then this sagar popped up very very local to me and I wont say the price, :whistle:but it was ridiculously cheap and again I couldn't say no.:love: its an absolute beast of a machine, admittedly I use the forklift to move it about lol :)

_DC20299.JPG

_DC20300.JPG

_DC20308.JPG

My last visit to Seatown was 1997 on foot from a certificated CC site at N.Chideock. Seatown is not the best of places for a 6.5m motor home. For the price of a night at Golden Cap (which I did climb) camp site, one good get B&B in a French hotel. A LOT of changes have happened since my early visits, when back then you could park at the end of the road (most of that's gone ) & watch the sea & the guys loading up stones from he 'beach', I think for export?. I also found that, as a whole, Dorset Councils do like like motorhomes. Even West Bay turned into a 'no-go' area for them. But now for me those travelling days are gone - too many aches & pains, an age thing or so I'm led to believe! Now it's woodworking & having made some sideboards, end tables, & a pedestal desk & having to stop the'big stuff', I've 'down-sized' to woodworking in small scale, building model ships.
Incidentally, the Anchor was/is a favorite of Johnny Walker (DJ).

Stuart

Hi Stuart Dad says the same regarding the motorhomes, he dont spend his money where its not wanted the familey always go the France routes much more welcoming

its an absolute beast of a machine, admittedly I use the forklift to move it about lol :)
Wow!! That's what I call a machine!! what a beauty!!! There are quite a few big thicknessers about, but I have no way of manoeuvring them. I might be able to get it on the trailer, but no way of getting it off.

Back