Hello to all from me in Dorset

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordhandson

Established Member
Reaction score
. I registered last night the names Jord and im 27. I Stumbled across this site while looking for info regarding shapers or spindle moulders. I see there looks to be some useful reading here, so decided to stay a while.

My main bread and butter is in the metal work side of things ie shot blasting welding spraying and general argri fabrications. Over the last few years I have been getting more and more drawn into wood working as I am building myself a shepherds hut andd enjoying it. Ive picked up a few old bits of woodworking kit, these are a Wadkin saw table, Sagar thicknesser, modern morticer, general small tools and a spindle moulder I am not sure of the make as no makers plate but I am leaning towards a Robinson. I will try and contribute to the forum with things I do, but I think with my lack of knowledge regarding woodwork there will be more questions than answers lol

Cheers Jord

Welcome, looks like you have got some good heavy gear to start with ,Dorset is one of my favourite places with one of my favourite pubs The Anchor inn at Seatown had Sunday lunch there a few weeks ago.

Clive.
Nice one Clive Seatown is more or less just over the hill from me (y) its a nice area ,especially out of summer, lol Gear wise I do have 3 phase which helps when buying tools I think I have or getting a a cast iorn adiction :)

Hi and welcome to the mad house. 🤣
Three phase workshop, wow, must be a bonus, most would kill for that.

Hi and welcome to the mad house. 🤣
Three phase workshop, wow, must be a bonus, most would kill for that.
Thanks Sachakins. Father let me have one of his sheds for a workshop. 3 phase is a bonus especially when buying equipment as the 3 phase kit always come a lot cheaper. (y)

Poor chap! Ive got no idea how my parents ever thought calling me kevin was a good idea! I must ask them at some point 😆
WELCOME JORD :] ...and my brother is called Kevin, which he gets annoyed by and then reminds himself it means "handsome" / "of noble birth".
:] It's amusing to watch the process. Love him. :]

Welcome to the forum Jord. quite new here myself but already starting to learn from other members of the forum.

Poor chap! Ive got no idea how my parents ever thought calling me kevin was a good idea! I must ask them at some point 😆

Whats wrong with being called Kevin? I have to ask because I have a son called Kevin & I never thought of it as being a bad thing, maybe he does, will have to ask him lol

"handsome"

Ahhhh, that'll be why then 😆😁

Whats wrong with being called Kevin?
Kevin the fruit bat
Kevin and perry
Kevin costner
Kevin bacon
😆🤣 i think its just that usual thing where people dislike their name. I cant even say it sounds old fashioned, but it somehow sounds wrong to me.
Mind you, i know someone who called their daughter chardonnay 🤔😆 bet that's ageing well

Ahhhh, that'll be why then 😆😁

Kevin the fruit bat
Kevin and perry
Kevin costner
Kevin bacon
😆🤣 i think its just that usual thing where people dislike their name. I cant even say it sounds old fashioned, but it somehow sounds wrong to me.
Mind you, i know someone who called their daughter chardonnay 🤔😆 bet that's ageing well
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Kev I just put these to dad he had heard of kevin costner the bloke in the new untuchables he prefered Robert Stack but I wont repeat about the rest ha ha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back