Hello,new member.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LENPAM

Reaction score
I thought I would try the waters across the pond for a breath of fresh air.

I'm purely a hobby woodworker and a long time tool collector from the States. My main interests these days are furniture and shop type projects as well wood myself and a couple friends cut and dry ourselves which we might sell but mostly keep for our own use. The tool collecting includes most all woodworking tools but the big thing for me is infill planes of which I have a shop full of. Since the large majority of these came from the UK I thought the interest here might be a nice change for both learning and searching for more.

I have the prerequisite Norris' and Spiers and Slaters of your esteemed former countrymen as well many unknown makers of Scottish and English origins which range from fine workers to exquisite examples of art as well as working tools. Hopefully the future will provide some entertaining times filled with more knowledge for me from the home of these planes I like so much.

I'm more then willing to share to share any knowledge I've gleened over the years collecting infills and other tools and woodworking,so I hope I can be a valued member her,Len

Hi Len and welcome :)

How about some photos of your planes - sounds like you have some nice stuff!

Welcome aboard Len.
My little collection of 4 infills pales into insignificance compared to yours? 

Rod

We are always pleased to hear views and interests from across the pond also, so its a welcome from me as well.
Myself I have just a meagre set of
Record planes some still in their boxes and purchased from 1959 onwards.
There are some serious collectors here tho in the hand tool forum.

LENPAM":2klhbynq said:
...but the big thing for me is infill planes of which I have a shop full of. Since the large majority of these came from the UK I thought the interest here might be a nice change for both learning and searching for more.

I have the prerequisite Norris' and Spiers and Slaters of your esteemed former countrymen as well many unknown makers of Scottish and English origins which range from fine workers to exquisite examples of art as well as working tools. Hopefully the future will provide some entertaining times filled with more knowledge for me from the home of these planes I like so much.
Welcome...and if you can post some pics of the infils, you'll have a certain member hereabouts (...Jimi) drooling :lol: - Rob

woodbloke":24v95vyl said:
LENPAM":24v95vyl said:
...but the big thing for me is infill planes of which I have a shop full of. Since the large majority of these came from the UK I thought the interest here might be a nice change for both learning and searching for more.

Welcome...and if you can post some pics of the infils, you'll have a certain member hereabouts (...Jimi) drooling :lol: - Rob

Moi! :mrgreen:

Yes Len....I do have a certain love and regard for infills.....as do a number of other members here.

We try not to use the "c" word around here though...I actually prefer...tool curator... :wink:

This term allows expansion of a cluster of tools to quantities normally only seen in museums without fear of pointed fingers from your peers!

(I've been working on this excuse for a while by the way! :mrgreen: )

Anyway...anyone into infills has got to be a scholar and gentleman so welcome indeed...nice to have some support from across the pond... :wink:

And yes...pictures would be most appreciated....here are some of mine:

DSC_0439.JPG

The one on the right has been sold to "another museum!"....and you might recognise it as a darling little Slater of London bullnose....

Jim

Jim

Interesting - my daughter works for NSG in Toledo, which looks to be fairly near. I'll know now where to send her to get posh tools for her husband's birthday..... or mine??? :D

Hi Len - welcome to this side of the pond. In search of infilll pastures new, eh?

I will try to post some pics although I'm not very adept at that. It's not the camera or the taker but I have a computer problem that makes it difficult and have done so for a year or more since I loaded new software for a fax-printer-copier and everything got a bit weird but I'll try or else have my daughter post them when I see her. Len

Back