Hello Gang! New kid on the block....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronMonger

Reaction score
Hello fellow woodworkers. This is my first general post and I am new. I am the IronMonger. I took my name from one of my favorate woodworkers of all time. Jim Kingshot. He was fond of using that term to describe the guys who sell metal hand planes like the norris. Jim is no longer with us but some of you english guys may remember him. He was truely gifted and missed.

At any rate, I am into the old tools for working wood. Both electric and hand powered. I have some US made Oliver and Porter kit as well as other machines from all over. I can post some pictures if I find a good way of doing it with this software.

In any event, my current quest is tracking down a wadkin PK table saw. I just love the lines and appearance of that old girl. Incidently, if any of you guys come across one, please feel free to PM me. There is always a bit of space left in a container leaving south hampton for one of these old girls. :D

Anyway, look forward to some good woodworking chat.

Regards
IronMonger

Hi there,and welcome :D

Guess you are on the other side of the pond ?

Looking forward to hearing more from you (I believe diversity is a good thing,and one of the things I enjoy about this forum is how much you can learn from other peoples ideas)

Andrew

Good evening Ironmonger and Welcome :)

Seems like you're really keen on old machinery sorry I can't help with Wadkin 'tho there are literally tons and tons of old cast iron machinery in Czechland (Now officially part of the dis-United States of Europe)

Would be nice to know how you knew Jim Kingshott, did you ever meet him in person :?:

Hey, good to see you here. BTW, we're not all English here....

Rgds

Noel

Welcome to the forum Ironmonger - there a lot of fans of Wadkin kit here :)

Contact Monarch Machinery in Victoria, TX., Ironmonger. They sometimes had Wadkin kit as well as new machinery and a selection of old US iron.

It's a couple of years since I lived in the US in TX, so I'm not sure they are still in business, but the owner is Mike Atkinson and the phone number used to be 361 575 4322.

They may of course have a website too if you want to look. Slainte.

Hi Ironmonger,

Welcome to the forum. :D

Take a look here at my Wadkin, a bit smaller than the one you are after.
I can understand why you like them, mine is a very useable bit of kit, it will probable out last me. :roll: :wink:

Hi to All,

I am new to the forum, I found out about the forum while searching for Clubs that are local to me.

Back