Hello From The Wood basher

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Wood_Basher

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow woodworkers!

So im new here to the forum but looking forward to becoming an active memeber! My name is Luke im just under 30 (only just) and I have decided this year to start my own woodworking youtube channel.

I have been doing woodwork for over 10 years and have gained a whole lot of experience over that time, ive worked on mega yachts and even been sent overseas fitting furniture for some known Celebrities.

My youtube channel is for me a new challange and I enjoy sharing my work. go check out my page.

Just search for "the wood basher" on youtube

"Celebrity"...........sheesh. But ho hum, there is an upside. There is some fantastic work done on the fitting out of these ridiculous "yachts" (how many of them have got sails?). I have designed the interior of one, and the workmanship in producing the result was absolutely first rate. Workshops/ shipyards with access to the finest materials and skills, working to tight timescales, and with obnoxious p*****s for clients, deserve great credit for the stunning stuff they turn out, and as woodworkers, we might well find our jaws on the floor were we to see how well made those interiors are. The money lavished on them is obscene, but the work.......

So, woodbasher, I hope your channel soon shows work of that quality. If it does, and if your presentation skills mature, I am sure you'll attract a decent audience. Good luck to you, but you might find this bunch of old farts somewhat sceptical of "celebrity" so I'd be cautious of pushing that angle too hard.

sounds remarkably similar to another guy from a few months ago, could that be a coincidence? :D

I have cleaned the windows for The Guinness Family at St James Gate. (International Window Cleaner 8) ).
The Royle Family. Kensington Palace. (My mate spent an hour scraping 'all the yellow gunk' off the windows in one room. When we went back 6 months later turned out it was UV filter for an ancient tapestry. Won't say any more about that. Neither will you.
Norman Foster, the Architect fella. Had a travelling ladder on his offices in Battersea. We said it's unsafe and needed abseiling, he insisted on it. Hes a Lord. He won. Some fella nearly lost a finger. True. Proper Bast*rd.
I cleaned the windows on the Rothschild Estate. Just the office outbuildings. Said morning. The women ignored me. Ok. They were upperclass by association lmao. Fair enough. I listened as they struggled with an basic Excel formula issue. They bickered for a while. As I left I lent in and quietly suggested the solution (with equations) The look of shock and awe on their faces was priceless. Cya ladies. I winked at them.
Cleaning the Sloane Club, sharing a tiny lift with an elderly couple the lady asked was I the window cleaner? I am I said. Was it the bucket that gave it away? She giggled like a young lass. She was lovely. And do you think it will rain? She says. (And she is probably the inheritor of a larger landmass than Guernsey mind but she is nice to windowcleaners in a classy way) I think it'll hold I said. (I know my weather after working outdoors all my life.)
Her Husband, this tiny ancient atom of spite and in-graciousness pipes up.
What are you? he spits.
The pineapple Weatherman?!?
Ooo K.
Well. No. Just my humble opinion Sir I say.
The lift is slow and ancient .
I give it a moment. Then I start to cough. I begin slow but I put some effort in. By the end I'm barrelling them out and looking like I might collapse. As the lift opens on the fourth floor The concern on his face is very real. In between heaving breaths I place a heavy hand on his tiny birdlike shoulder.
*GAAAAAASSSP!*
Nothing to worry about I pant desperately.
Just a spot of TB
COOuggh SplUUtter.

The F*ckin face on him. Terrified. Pr*ck.

Jeffrey Archer. Give my mate a big old tube TV. Massive. My mate's dragged it all the way down these stairs on his own. 8-9 floors. Into the van. Nigh on herniated his back. Got it home right. Told the Mrs. Look at this! Proper TV! They got it in the front room. Didn't work. That's how much of a privileged basta*d Archer is. Scumbag.

Janet Street Porter. Running the hoist lorry, she comes out her house and starts shouting at everyone. Proper rude. No need, just no need. Voice like a stray dog. Bark Bark Bark.
Mick calls her over in a calming way. Very quietly has a word.
Blood runs out her face she goes in her house and that's it. Gone.
(All true btw)
Celebrities. Woodbasher. We pish em' mate.

Welcome my friend.

thetyreman":adp3mm31 said:
sounds remarkably similar to another guy from a few months ago, could that be a coincidence? :D

Yeah I was thinking that. I unsubscribed from that chap, got bored of waiting for a video... any video!

I do like the name wood basher though! Worth a follow just for that.

Hi Wood Basher! Just subscribed.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the welcome! Seems like there have been some bad experiences with people working for high end clients. I actually don't like talking about the work i have done in the past, it annoys me how much money people spend sometimes with the problems we have in the world!!
I assure you guys that my woodwork and videos is going in a different direction and want to keep things positive!
I have been posting videos on a weekly basis since the beginning of Feb and I know I have a long way to go but Im enjoying myself doing it and have a lot to share. -im planning to build a wooden clock this year!

I watched a few of your vids last night "Basher".... very good! Really enjoyed them.

Do you have a background in electronics? Just wondering as that CNC machine wiring looks very complicated.

Like the bandsaw refurb too, haven't watched the follow up yet.

Interested to see how your air blower dust extractor pans out.

Thanks!
No real background in electronics but im into RC and I like tinkering. I know enough to do what i need and google knows the rest!
Im still working on the dust extractor at the minute so Im interested to see how it works too. :)

It isn't that people have had bad experiences working for celebrities. Early this year or later last year the forum had a guy like you come on and spout off about how great he was because he worked for a company that had them for clients. He was also like you trolling for viewers for the Youtube videos he wanted to make and eventually live off. It didn't go over too big then and still doesn't.

You mentioned making a dust collector on an Australian woodworking forum, again to get people to watch your videos I suspect. It was explained to you by a gent with unequaled credentials that you were on the wrong track. You were only, at best going to collect some of the dust you can see and not the fine dust you can't. The dangerous stuff that lingers in the air long after the work is done that goes deep into your lungs. Under 10 micron isn't visible to the eye. You need to do a lot more research to learn about dust collection before you start telling people how to buckshee something together because you think it is a good idea. As said earlier, you are not being responsible because you are promoting practices that are not immediately safe or will set people up for longer term harm to themselves.

As you suspect or should know by now, I won't be watching your videos.

Pete

I love it when people say something can't be done! Gives me the drive I need to make it work so thank you for judging something that isn't even finished yet.
Shame you wont find out how it actually works :(

Not everything is about getting people to watch videos, some people actually enjoy what they do just for the fun of it. I enjoy woodworking, its my day job and my hobby, so is photography and film making, whats wrong with combining the two and sharing that? None of my videos are monetized and I have no intention in doing so anytime soon!

The_Wood_Basher":1f3cj2dp said:
I love it when people say something can't be done! Gives me the drive I need to make it work so thank you for judging something that isn't even finished yet.
Shame you wont find out how it actually works :(

Not everything is about getting people to watch videos, some people actually enjoy what they do just for the fun of it. I enjoy woodworking, its my day job and my hobby, so is photography and film making, whats wrong with combining the two and sharing that? None of my videos are monetized and I have no intention in doing so anytime soon!
Nothing wrong with monetising it mate. Different people have different perspectives on the while YouTube thing. Just go for it. Some people will like it, some won't. That will always be the case.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back