Hello from Sheffield

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuart.grimshaw

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Evenin all,

I'm Stuart, a software developer by trade but during a 2 month layoff in March/April 2020 I started doing some DIY around the house, watching a few videos on Youtube (10 Minute Workshop & Gosforth Handyman mainly and Freebird Interiors on Insta) because my daughter wanted some shelves fitting in an alcove. That took me ages, and I learned a lot (ie, I made loads of mistakes) but Daughter is happy, so I'm happy.

In the couple of years since I've made more shelves, a river table, coasters, a wood stand ... a whole bunch of random stuff, but I have to stop every winter because I don't have a shed so I work from a gazebo on the patio, one of the things I'm here for is advice as I build a tiny workshop.

Now that more places are opening I'm also hoping to go and do some proper woodworking courses in the next few years too.

Good for you 👍
Welcome to the forum. We like photos here, so make sure you take some and dont hesitate to ask questions if you get stuck. Loads of info in the search bar 🙃
Kev

I've dived into a couple of SIP workshop threads, that's what I'm planning to build with I think.

I put photos of all my stuff on Instagram, but there's no option to link to that in the profile section unfortunately. Here's a few photos, I 've made more than I thought I had tbh ...

The alcove shelves: IMG_20190909_220931.jpg

A bunch of stuff ...

IMG_20200323_161435.jpgIMG_20200520_143521.jpgIMG_20200615_190725.jpgIMG_20200628_155247.jpgIMG_20200811_162818.jpgIMG_20200903_083507.jpg

The thing I use the most, a desk I made:

5DBC234E-B2A4-4AC4-A0FF-F32A402C2875.jpg

and the thing I'm most proud of, a river table for Mum & Dad's golden anniversary:

IMG_0514.jpg

Thank you.
Hi Stuart, I’m a new member and I really like your photos-absolutely love the river table ( I’m assuming that’s achieved with various resins. Anyhow nothing worse than relying on decent weather to work outside. I converted My spare bedroom into a workshop approx 3m x 3m and you will be surprised what you can fit into such a space . I use a portable table saw and planer outside on dry days and then complete the assembly and finishing etc in the workshop. A lot of planning and some sacrifices will carry you far . Shout up if you need any helpful advice and once again awesome table .

Back