Hello from Rob in Hull

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynamite

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m 49 and live in Hull. I use to love woodworking as a kid. I went to after school club at junior school and my mum and dad bought me a small kids tool set. I ended up becoming an electrician though and am now the GM at a M&E a contractors. I have always loved woodworking and now getting back into it as a hobbyist to wind down, chill out and relieve the fast moving and busy day job.

What pushed it along a bit was we got the garage re-roofed and reconcreted the floor which resulted in me re-designing the storage. One thing led to another and here I am buying all sorts of tools I didn’t have and I’ve restored a few old planes rather than buying new.

My latest (and main) project is a Paul Sellers inspired workbench which will become the basis of me becoming a “professional potterer” mainly doing woodworking.

Ive attached some pics of my workshop and where I am at with my bench. I’m really looking forward to getting to speak to you all.

Kind Regards…… Rob Dixon

DCDADE37-B244-46C6-A85A-5E88A210D7ED.jpeg

B2095FC8-EDC4-41F7-9832-02BCE48E089D.jpeg

Welcome to the mad house 🤣🤣.
When you get really going and flying chips and dust start, I reckon those open bin storage are going to get pretty full 🙂🙃🙂🙃.

Welcome to the forum Rob - you look well set up!

I see from your pics that you’re into woodworking rather than woodturning, but if your interests do extend to woodturning, you might like to know that East Yorkshire Woodturners meet at Skidby Village Hall on the third Tuesday evening each month at 7pm (doors open at 6.30pm) till 9.30pm. We had our first meeting on Tuesday 19 October after a break of 20 months due to Lockdown. (An excellent demonstration by Mick Hanbury, with 50 present).

Our programme of professional demonstrators each month from November 2021 to November 2022 can be viewed on our website at the link below. Visitors/prospective members are always welcome - no need to book - just turn up:

eastyorkshirewoodturners.org.uk

David Taylor, (Cottingham).
Secretary,
East Yorkshire Woodturners.

Hiya and welcome. Read the title before my morning coffee and thought it said "hello from Rod Hull" and immediately thought he had better not brought that bloody bird with him

Welcome to the forum Rob - you look well set up!

I see from your pics that you’re into woodworking rather than woodturning, but if your interests do extend to woodturning, you might like to know that East Yorkshire Woodturners meet at Skidby Village Hall on the third Tuesday evening each month at 7pm (doors open at 6.30pm) till 9.30pm. We had our first meeting on Tuesday 19 October after a break of 20 months due to Lockdown. (An excellent demonstration by Mick Hanbury, with 50 present).

Our programme of professional demonstrators each month from November 2021 to November 2022 can be viewed on our website at the link below. Visitors/prospective members are always welcome - no need to book - just turn up:

eastyorkshirewoodturners.org.uk

David Taylor, (Cottingham).
Secretary,
East Yorkshire Woodturners.

Many thanks for your kind invite David. Im not planning any turning as yet as only just getting into it but who knows as time progresses.

Kind Regards...Rob

Hiya and welcome. Read the title before my morning coffee and thought it said "hello from Rod Hull" and immediately thought he had better not brought that bloody bird with him
hahaha. I can be a little bit mad at times but not that mad!!!

Regards Rob

Back