Hello from Pershore

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

point5clue

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm a hobby woodworker - I have always done bits of diy - shelves, flatpack etc. Over the last few years I've started watching endless Youtube videos - Paul Sellers, Peter Millard, Gosforth Handyman etc and bought a few more tools and got more in to it. I now think nothing of spending an hour watching a video of someone repair a broken chair! I need to spend more time in the workshow (garage), and less on this damn computer!

I'm hoping you can all tell me the secrets real woodworkers know like:

Where people who just happen to have an "offcut" of cherry and another of walnut lying around shop?
The difference between woodstain, wood stain and wood dye?
Why I can't throw away even the tiniest scrap of wood even its its broken off an old pallet?

#wave, welcome aboard.

Wood scrap hoarder also! Offcuts do build up from bigger projects. Buying more wood for a project than you need is a better option than ending up short.

Wood stain sits on top the wood, wood dye penetrates the wood. Well that’s my understanding.

Screenshot 2022-02-11 at 21.01.38.png

Hello and welcome! I'm also rather new to the forum. Pershore is a lovely place, I lived in Evesham several years ago and spent a lot of time over at the park with friends.

Welcome from me as well as I also used to live and work near Evesham. How's The Anchor doing. Never the same since Paddy went.

Welcome from me as well as I also used to live and work near Evesham. How's The Anchor doing. Never the same since Paddy went.
If you mean the Anchor in Wyre Piddle then its still going strong - not sure about pubs in Evesham (we're a bit funny in Pershore about going all the way to Evesham, but I do make an exception for the Screwfix sometimes when Browns home hardware doesn't have something)

If you mean the Anchor in Wyre Piddle then its still going strong - not sure about pubs in Evesham (we're a bit funny in Pershore about going all the way to Evesham, but I do make an exception for the Screwfix sometimes when Browns home hardware doesn't have something)
Yes...I used to go there when Paddy was the landlord. It took ten years before he called me by my Christian name. Mind you that was 50 years ago....LOL.

Hello from Malvern!

How many gyms in Malvern now ? Just curious...there was an awful lot when I lived nearby some years back. Nice town...good facilities..good trade outlets. Should never have left !

Is Brown's where the original hardware shop was ? A few yards down towards Aysum on the lefthand side....just past the junction with the offstreet parking ? It was Magic back in the day.

Is Brown's where the original hardware shop was ? A few yards down towards Aysum on the lefthand side....just past the junction with the offstreet parking ? It was Magic back in the day.
Yes Browns is facing Broad Street - its your classic hardware shop - the staff still wear brown dust coats and gets stuff from boxes with a wooden ladder. I'm fairly sure they stock fork handles.

@point5clue Welcome. Just like you I need to reduce my YouTube woodworking video time and increase the sawdust 👍😊.
Also I tend to keep every offcut bigger than a couple of inches 🙄. I'm just a beginner.

Back