Hello from Lancashire

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Footplate2012

Reaction score
Hello, I've lurked on here for a while and thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm Mark and I live on the Fylde Coast in Lancashire. I'm originally from Essex, where the sun shines a lot more.
I'm a train driver and planning to retire in a couple of years to spend more time on my hobbies and volunteering work.
Thanks to this forum I've taken the first step towards my woodturning and general wood butchering workshop by purchasing the Aldi Bandsaw. Unfortunately I can't play with it yet as the garage space is currently booked for another project (bathroom).
I won't be saying a lot because I don't know anything :LOL: but I know I'm going to learn a lot on here and hopefully have some fun.
Cheers 🍻

Hello, I've lurked on here for a while and thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm Mark and I live on the Fylde Coast in Lancashire. I'm originally from Essex, where the sun shines a lot more.
I'm a train driver and planning to retire in a couple of years to spend more time on my hobbies and volunteering work.
Thanks to this forum I've taken the first step towards my woodturning and general wood butchering workshop by purchasing the Aldi Bandsaw. Unfortunately I can't play with it yet as the garage space is currently booked for another project (bathroom).
I won't be saying a lot because I don't know anything :LOL: but I know I'm going to learn a lot on here and hopefully have some fun.
Cheers 🍻
Welcome Mark. I wanted to be a train driver when I was a kid but they were steam trains then😄. You don’t drive my local route by any chance- Blackpool Preston Manchester? If so I’ll give you a wave!

Welcome Mark. I wanted to be a train driver when I was a kid but they were steam trains then😄. You don’t drive my local route by any chance- Blackpool Preston Manchester? If so I’ll give you a wave!

Yes mate, I do. It's a regular job for me. Blackpool to Man Vic or the airport via Piccadilly. I also go to Liverpool, York via Leeds, Colne and Ormskirk.
Best job I ever had, but the shift pattern is a killer.

Back