Hello from Edinburgh

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimMc

Reaction score
Hi, I came late to woodworking, retired structural engineer. My grandfather was a cabinet maker ( died before I was born, but have a few of the items he made ) And my father was an electical and telecoms engineer. he also took up woodworking late in life. It must be in the genes.
73 and lots to learn but great fun and keeps me busy. Can’t golf and can’t sit and do nothing.
greatest pleasure is making thinks for my family and friends. Better than getting a present is to give a present that’s treasured. Just finished a lidded yarn bowl for my wife. Christmas present.
it’s wenge and hard as steel!

Hope you all enjoyed the Christmas break.

Jim

J 717F4FE2-5808-46EF-A6B1-180AB5575C1D.jpeg

Welcome to the forum Jim. That is a really beautiful looking bowl and very functional. I'm sure your wife loved it.

Can I crack my joke now?? Retired structural Engineer...we all know who we can turn to for a bit of support...

Hi, I came late to woodworking, retired structural engineer. My grandfather was a cabinet maker ( died before I was born, but have a few of the items he made ) And my father was an electical and telecoms engineer. he also took up woodworking late in life. It must be in the genes.
73 and lots to learn but great fun and keeps me busy. Can’t golf and can’t sit and do nothing.
greatest pleasure is making thinks for my family and friends. Better than getting a present is to give a present that’s treasured. Just finished a lidded yarn bowl for my wife. Christmas present.
it’s wenge and hard as steel!

Hope you all enjoyed the Christmas break.

Jim

JView attachment 125258
Welcome, may your thinks be forever fruitful
Brian

The old ones are the best. A long time ago the definition of a structural engineer was someone who multiplied 2 by 2 on a slide rule and got 3.95. Then said, 🤬 call it 4.
I was also a chartered civil engineer. If you looked up civil engineering in the Yellow Pages it said go to Boring!

Thanks, I have a sister in Mississauga. Been in Canada for over 50 years.
Only been to Toronto.

I have been in Canada for 50 years also. I live just south of Ottawa, Ontario, so about 4 hours from Toronto, I was born and raised in the South of England, Folkestone, Kent, I was lucky enough to be there for the great music of the 60's, I got to see lots of great bands, Still love the music from England from the 60's and70's
20200418_103320.jpg

Back