Hello from Cambridge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTig

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm based near Cambridge (UK) at the moment and my main interest is woodturning. I have a venerable Myford ML8 which has been beautifully modified by the previous owner to have a much more substantial machined bed. I also inherited a Multistar Duplex chuck with the lathe which has proven to be surprisingly useful.

I am keen to improve my general joinery and cabinet making skills. I'm looking forward to learning from (and contributing to) this forum!

Brian
(Mr Tig)

Welcome @MrTig . You and Peter are making me home sick. I've spent 25 years or so living in Fulbourn, St. Ives and Hilton and consider Cambridge environs "home" even having spent the last 10 years in Sussex.
Enjoy the forum.

Hi,
I'm based near Cambridge (UK) at the moment and my main interest is woodturning. I have a venerable Myford ML8 which has been beautifully modified by the previous owner to have a much more substantial machined bed. I also inherited a Multistar Duplex chuck with the lathe which has proven to be surprisingly useful.

I am keen to improve my general joinery and cabinet making skills. I'm looking forward to learning from (and contributing to) this forum!

Brian
(Mr Tig)
Let's see the lathe modification!

Cheers James

Let's see the lathe modification!

You'll need to wait a few weeks as it's all wrapped up at the moment waiting to be moved to a new workshop that doesn't have a leaky roof, door and windows!

I've just bought it a new Sorby Patriot chuck as a 'welcome to your new home' present...

Back