Hello from an ex-pat!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodwould

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I used to live near Yeovil in Somerset, but moved to Australia in 1992. I have been browsing these pages since a recent resurgence of interest in woodworking. I still miss British humour and inventiveness.

Great site BTW.

filsgreen":1nzzob1l said:
Hi WW, welcome to the forum. Where abouts in Oz are you, and have you a workshop? If so any chance of a pic or two? :D

Phil
Thanks all. I'm in Melbourne. I've been dead-stop retired for almost eight years (haven't even owned a screwdriver during that time), but the concrete was poured (today actually) for a very small shed at home. I'll be making a very limited amount of dust again soon. :D

If you have the desire, you can search through my posts on the Australian Woodwork Forums and see some of my past work. http://www.woodworkforums.com/index.php
My user name is the same there too.

Hi Woodwould, looks like your sliding down that slippery slope again. Not a bad thing I say. Look forward to some photos, we all like photos, just remember to edit/paint the sun and heat wave out of them before posting if thats alright with you. :D

G'Day Woodwould,

I'm another ex pat. Been here in Oz since 1962, also in Melb. Have read your posts on Ubeaut and am very aware that you know your stuff in wood work.
As for Brit humour, like all humour it has it's highs and lows. Humour is so very personal. For example I can't see anything funny in Little Britain but Absolute Power was just great. Now I'll duck as the s hits the fan.

jerry

Hi WW, I have seen your postings on the Aussie site too, some nice work I have to say. Welcome glad to see you here too. :wink:

Back