Hello everyone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve H

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to you all - joined the forum this afternoon -

Been posting intermittently for many years on another forum and came across this site when I was looking for an Incra mitre jig -

Thought that you appeared a friendly lot and fancied a change of scenery -

It is quite a bit different from the other forums so bear with me whilst I get used to how this all works.

Thanks

Steve H

Welcome to the forum, Steve.

Most people on here are as nutty as fruit cakes; I am the exception and I am perfectly normal, honest!!

Hope you enjoy the (mostly) friendly banter and good quality advice that people give and receive.

Welcome Steve. A word of warning, don't ask questions on sharpening, unless you want to start a bun fight. :)

RogerP":3ngjo0d3 said:
Welcome Steve. A word of warning, don't ask questions on sharpening, unless you want to start a bun fight. :)

do oh do please do...and lets see it snowball.
:twisted: :lol: :lol:

Thank you all -

what is normal??

Sharpening -

There is only one way - The Tormek Way =D>

Is that a good a starter for ten??

Steve

Roger P

Very nice work as well -

I think I am a little out of my depth on this site - if this is the level of workmanship :(

I think I should go back to the old forum now!!

Steve

Steve, don't you dare leave!! If anyone ever tells that he/she is a born turner/woodworker then you are listening to a born lyer. We all had to learn to walk before attempting to run.

Also remember that the only daft question is the one you can't find the answer to and don't ask :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I don't really have any photos of my disasters, but they still happen believe me :oops: :oops: I just try to learn from them?

As for sharpening, I have a Wolverine rig with the fingernail jig and to get a really keen edge on my skews I use a red DMT diamond waterstone and a bit of leather stuck yo a piece of pine plank with a little Brasso on it. It works for me...

Thank you for your comments on what I do. I love doing it!!

Steve H":13nz1tx9 said:
Thank you all -

what is normal??

Sharpening -

There is only one way - The Tormek Way =D>

Is that a good a starter for ten??

Steve

Yes, but you have to have an elliptical bevel on your plane irons and chisels.

Welcome to the madhouse.
:D

You have got an Inca mitre jig, and a T7 lets see some pics, hobby or commercial?

Perhaps I ought to change my user name to Nosey.

Wow - missed all those postings -
How do I set it up so the system emails me when someone makes a post - as I do not log on that often -

So apologies for not responding to you all

devonwoody - hobbyist that has seriously got out of hand (according to my better half)

henton49er":3qkzn0r0 said:
Welcome to the forum, Steve.

Most people on here are as nutty as fruit cakes; I am the exception and I am perfectly normal, honest!!

Hope you enjoy the (mostly) friendly banter and good quality advice that people give and receive.
Welcome Steve

I was normal before I took up woodwork as a hobby, now, as henton49er say's I'm fruity as a nut cake!

Baldhead ](*,)

Back