Hello everyone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crumpet

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Fairly new to scroll sawing but absolutely love it. Looking forward to getting some advice and making some new friends. I’ve made a few bits, mainly for my grandchildren. This is my first effort

Attachments

• C2771217-ABEC-4C7A-A32C-3E6EC4FCCB0A.jpeg
    C2771217-ABEC-4C7A-A32C-3E6EC4FCCB0A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Welcome to the forum. I love the interlocked name. What a lovely gift to make :)

As the others have said welcome but rather more important thank you for the idea for my next outing on the Hegner!!
Martin

As the others have said welcome but rather more important thank you for the idea for my next outing on the Hegner!!
Martin
Thanks Martin. Ooh, I’m looking at Hegners right now! Currently have an Axminster AC405SS. But want to upgrade to a top quality machine. Not worried about the cost, just want a machine that I’ll not have to replace in the future because it lacks some features. As a Hegner owner, would you have any advice on which machine I should be considering? Many thanks, Ade

Welcome Crumpet. Though lots of people will advise Hegner (and make no mistake, they really are GREAT machines), when I was faced with buying a new "Rolls-Royce" machine, I had the opportunity to actually try 2 machines side by side. Although I really did think the Hegner was very good indeed (it was a variable speed Model 2) I ended up opting for the Excalibur/Pegas EX 21 (NOT the Axminster Tools "cloned" version please note - there have been LOTS of problems with those posted here over the years). A lot depends on personal preferences, but if you want a detailed look at why I chose as I did, search for the post "Biting the bullet ....." here, posted about 5 or 6 years ago by me ("AES").

HTH

Hi AES, thanks so much for your reply. I read your article with great interest. The history of the Excalibur is quite confusing and it looks like the saw is difficult to purchase in the UK! I feel that a Hegner might be a safer bet for me - trouble is knowing which machine will allow me to to do everything I want as I progress with my knowledge and ability.
Best rgds,
Ade

Fairly new to scroll sawing but absolutely love it. Looking forward to getting some advice and making some new friends. I’ve made a few bits, mainly for my grandchildren. This is my first effort
That's very cool Crumpet, nice job!

Another welcome from the Midlands!

Back