Hello everyone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HowdyNeighbour!

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

just starting out in collecting my own workshop tools instead of having to rely on my old man. Carpentry has been in the family up until great-grandparents time, been wanted to get more into it for a while but the part of it that is in my blood has been calling stronger since lockdown! Space in my shed is very small so looking to just buy tools as I need them for my projects over time. Starting simple and then hopefully building up to something more complex/intricate like incorporating marquetry or trying some luthiery. Looking forward to the benefits of others' wisdom.

Hello and Welcome :), your plan to just buy tools as you need them is sound and if you have the willpower to resist impulse buys and trust me your willpower will be tested to breaking point,then unlike many of us here myself included ,you will not need to devote precious storage space to expensive unused tools and other clutter. Hiring a tool for one off jobs is worth considering rather than buying . loads of friendly folk on here that are happy to help out if you have a problem, with advice and suggestions on how best to overcome it .
Enjoy the time in your shed as unlike money you only get to spend it once :)

Hi there, Welcome to a very friendly and full of great information team. A lot of very talented and knowledgeable people live here :) (not me by the way lol, i am just a beginner :) )

Back