Hello everyone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIYDad

Reaction score
Hello,
I signed up a few weeks ago and have posted replies a couple of times so I thought I should say hello. I’m Iain and the “DIYDad” thing is the name my daughters gave me when in primary school. It still crops up (more than occasionally!) now when they want a desk or wardrobe making 🤔😀
I’ve turned my hand to a few projects over the years and some of them have even been quite good. My next project is to build a greenhouse, starting in the next few weeks. To buy one costs £££s or you have to wait 9 months, so I thought I’d give it a go.
I’ve picked up lots of tips and information in my time as a lurker, thank you everyone. I’m sure I’ll still learn more than I can be of help but glad to join.

Welcome. A photo project following your build sounds great, just the sort of thing we love 😃

Welcome Iain
Well brace yourself in preparation for the greenhouse, just from a bloke who has just built one. It has been my major project all this year and, depending on the size and your aspirations regarding design, it can be a long, long project.

Mine is a 4.5m x 2.5m lean to with a stone dwarf wall. The frame is morticed and tenoned with routed rebates for glass and casements. It is built and currently being painted then the rooflights and glass is going in.

20210907_190130.jpg

Welcome. A photo project following your build sounds great, just the sort of thing we love 😃
Please be patient I’ll no doubt have to fit it in between other jobs that I don’t yet know about! 😂. Materials for the base arrived yesterday though. I will post once there’s something worth seeing. Thank you

Welcome Iain
Well brace yourself in preparation for the greenhouse, just from a bloke who has just built one. It has been my major project all this year and, depending on the size and your aspirations regarding design, it can be a long, long project.

Mine is a 4.5m x 2.5m lean to with a stone dwarf wall. The frame is morticed and tenoned with routed rebates for glass and casements. It is built and currently being painted then the rooflights and glass is going in.

View attachment 117346
Thank you. I’m expecting this to be a long one…. But hoping to be ready for spring. Other than for the base I haven’t sourced materials yet. It will be approx 8’ x 6’ in a traditional apex design. I want it to be a feature as well as functional and for it to last for years. It will be painted but not sure which timber to use…probably overthinking. Yours looks a proper job and very smart.
Iain

Latest posts

Back