Hello everyone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sllca

Reaction score
I am completely new to working with wood and have just bought a Parkside bandsaw and a Katsu trim router. I am totaly hooked. I have made my 1st wooden sign, but struggled with vision while routing out the words. Could someone please point me in the right direction on where I can buy a cheap LED light to fit into my router.
Thanks
Steve

To the best of my knowledge (could easily be wrong) you cannot get aftermarket lights to go inside a router, and I'd be very reluctant to try and insert anything into the mouth (probably not the right word, the area where the router cutter sits). I would look into a poseable work light, and / or a head torch

My wife bought these for me as a bit of a p-take because of the amount of various torches I own. But, they have come in so handy especially when I had to reach in to change a fan belt under my old Kity combi machine. So you got me thinking that maybe they might help you out with your trim router. Or, any router for that matter. Might try it out tomorrow. She got them from eBay and said they were very cheap.

Attachments

• P1020811 (1).JPG
    P1020811 (1).JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 45
My wife bought these for me as a bit of a p-take because of the amount of various torches I own. But, they have come in so handy especially when I had to reach in to change a fan belt under my old Kity combi machine. So you got me thinking that maybe they might help you out with your trim router. Or, any router for that matter. Might try it out tomorrow. She got them from eBay and said they were very cheap.
They might even improve your Pool game. :):):)

Welcome and glad you enjoying it.
LED lights are so versatile I've fitted one to every tool / workstation. Here are a couple that work for me. All in the £7 £20 bracket

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078V8LDFY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
There are also some that have usb charging, but you then need a charger, they are a bit cheaper, but I've had 3 of these for a while. the price has gone up a bit since Brexit, not sure it that is a postage or vat effect but almost double the price I first paid for them. I've arranged some of these so they come on with the tool/vacuum extract.

These ones bellow are battery re-chargeable, had them six months and still working, not as bright as the ones above but brilliant for close work in tight spots, have 3 levels of brightness. The clamp does not open that far so you have to be a bit choosy or they ping off. I have two on the go. These were £7 last year!!!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XYQTXVD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1Good luck
ED - not sure they would be suitable to attach to a hand rounter - risk of falling off next to something spinning at 6000rpm, but placed next to or above the workstation.

Last edited:
Back