Hello again!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orcamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Some of you may remember me from days gone by? But just thought I would say hello to you and let you know where I have been for past couple of years!

I am still woodworking, but very very occasionally during past 2 years and not at the level I would like. This has mainly been due to changes at work with increased international travel (this has now reduced thank God!), and more sadly the demise of my mum who became ill with cancer back in Jan 2003, she passed away in July 2004. This had a big impact on my woodwork, as there was no time and also because I was somewhat depressed for a very long time. Time is a healer and all that and now I am finding my feet again so to speak.

Additionally I have recently moved house so my workshop has been turned upside down! I am now in the process of trying to put it back together, and have plans to make a bigger one (money and time permitting).

My outstanding project(s) are the afore mentioned walnut and maple, shaker style desk, which is still unfinished, I need to finish making the drawers and then it is complete. It is otherwise in use as a computer desk.

I have been trying to restore a colleagues jewellery/sewing box by turning a new foot for it. This has proved more difficult than I thought. Mainly to try and match the colour of the original box. I now have some stains which can be mixed to try and obtain as similar a match as I can. Work continues....

Anyway, I hope you are all well and progressing your projects.

regards
Hawk Moth

Here's a voice from the past 8) ! It's nice to know you're still going strong and back with us, HM.

:)

Gill

hi hm nice to see you fluttering around the brightly lite forum again :D :D

frank

Hi HM

Welcome back! The forum is getting quite large these days, good to hear from you.
Keep well
Norman

Thanks to all of you for (a) remembering me, and (b) your kind words!

I hope to be able to contribute in some way again, and even be contributed to! Let's see....

cheers
HM

Ahh, greetings. Nice to hear from you again.

Adam

Hi Adam and Gidon!

How you doing? Nice to hear you and so many others are still kicking around in here, it made it easier to return knowing where you all are!

Hope all is well with you, let me know how you are getting on?

cheers
HM

Latest posts

Back