Hegner Quick Release Clamp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A man after my own heart. That looks like a very good job you have made of that quick clamp and I reckon your floating jaw does a better job than the original and over-priced Hegner version. (Hegner charge £28.80 plus delivery) You could make and sell those to Hegner owners who don't have the quick clamp.

A man after my own heart. That looks like a very good job you have made of that quick clamp and I reckon your floating jaw does a better job than the original and over-priced Hegner version. (Hegner charge £28.80 plus delivery) You could make and sell those to Hegner owners who don't have the quick clamp.
Thanks for the comment. Yes I may make a few in the next few months and see if there’s any interest. Cheers. 😊

Likewise, very interested as I also don’t like reliance upon a screw and would prefer the blade to be held by a plate

I made this a few months ago. Makes life a bit easier.

Cheers.

A friend here in the U.S. made something similar. He used a piece of round stock, bored a small hole for the blade to go in and then drilled a hole in from the side and threaded it. Then used a small bolt with a knob to screw in and clamp the blade in place. Because it was round stock, it sat in the bent seat of the arm and didn't move at all. As an edit, what he used as the "clamp bolt" was one similar to what Dewalt, Delta, Excalibur, Seyco all use. It has the swivel tip that can be replaced as needed and turns when the blade is tightened.

Thanks for the comment. Yes I may make a few in the next few months and see if there’s any interest. Cheers. 😊
I may will be interested in one, having just bought a used Hegner 2s.

I'll see if the saw is up to scratch first though, as you never know what you've bought until you fire it up.

Edit:

I did fire it up and it runs lovely, much nicer than the vibrator in the college workshop. A new set of blades and I'm good to go.

Last edited:
The joy of the heger saw is that the clamping block holds the blade so it is always parallel to the cut and doesn't bend, which it must do if the top clamp is firmly fixed the the top arm. I must admit the little clamping blocks are a fiddle.

The joy of the heger saw is that the clamping block holds the blade so it is always parallel to the cut and doesn't bend, which it must do if the top clamp is firmly fixed the the top arm. I must admit the little clamping blocks are a fiddle.
Hegner advise that you lock the quick clamp in the top arm which does place a limit on a true parallel action, the head of the quick clamp has a countersink which the holding screw fits in, what I do is screw it down then release it so that the clamp is held in place but still allows it to move this way you have the convenience and parallel action.

I have used the Hegner quick clamp in the lock down position as advised by Hegner for some years without a problem

Hegner advise that you lock the quick clamp in the top arm which does place a limit on a true parallel action, the head of the quick clamp has a countersink which the holding screw fits in, what I do is screw it down then release it so that the clamp is held in place but still allows it to move this way you have the convenience and parallel action.

Latest posts

Back