Hegner parts - QR clamp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWLeaper

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Gents, could one of you point me towards the UK supplier of Hegner parts please? The website Hegner.co.uk isn’t being recognised.

The inner swivelling bit on my QR clamp has broken, part number HQK-03. I’m hoping it’s available in the UK without the eye watering need to buy a complete new clamp. Until it broke I had no idea how the innards of the clamp worked, frankly I’m impressed and amazed it has worked so long without breaking. Having seen the inner swivelling bit (for want of a better description) I can now understand why the complete clamp is so expensive.

Thanks

John

How long has the site been down?
Perhaps just a temporary glitch

But I very doubt if the part in question is available separately

I may be wrong, but say the part is available and a few quid (nothing Hegner is cheap) then add postage and a probable wait from Germany, you would well on the way to the cost of a new clamp, its probably more cost effective to just buy a new quick clamp

I certainly couldn't do without one

Hi Whatknot

I very much suspect you’re right, it’ll cost the same to buy the complete article. To do that however I need the Hegner site to be working or hope somebody else in the uk stocks the clamp. The Hegner site was down yesterday afternoon so let’s say it has been down about 24 hours now. Hopefully it’s a temporary glitch and I can speak to somebody in the next day or three. I am not a scroll saw power user but the Quick Clamp does make the blade changing task very quick and simple.

As you have probably found out the site is up and running again

Phone number for them is :- Call us on 0845 567 0001

Part number is :-
Quick Clamp for Piercework HM0450

A very pricy item for the size of it but worth its weight in gold really for the ease it gives, I was very lucky to pick one up second hand for £15

Thanks WhatKnot, a relief to see the site back up. I’d be overjoyed to spend £15 on one, well done. I’ve spoken to them on the telephone and sent a picture of the bit I want so fingers crossed. If I’m unlucky it’s swallow hard and pay the asking price for the complete item.

Oh well, it was worth asking. Hegner are unable to supply the inner bit, just the whole item. At £24 not as eye watering as I’d expected. I could have that conversation with SWMBO that now is a good time to invest that £500 on the mini lathe, ‘look how much I can save by making this widget.’ No, perhaps not.

Worth a try though ;-)

I think there is a postage charge on top of the £24 isn't there? 2 or 3 pounds ? still worth it though

Undoubtedly worth it (the clamp not the conversation with SWMBO). As said earlier I’m not a scrolling guru but the very thought of getting a hex key out every time I want to do an internal cut doesn't fill me with excitement.

Quite so
I don't know if you have ever used one of the lower end saws with the hanger type blade clamps, although they work, they are so long winded and slow to use

If thats all there was I think I would have given up long ago ;-)

New clamp ordered. Postage was £2.50 which seems refreshingly reasonable. Couldn't contemplate using my saw without it. Let’s hope this one lasts another 10 years before it disintegrates.

Back