Hegner Multicut 2 blade clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caralin

Reaction score
I am brand new to scroll saw work. I have been given a Hegner Multicut 2 single speed saw but Don have any clamps or other accessorie. I have looked on the Hegner site but .5mm and .7mm clamps are out of stock. are there any other makes I can buy which will fit This saw. I’m also looking for a tightening tool for hex screws. I would appreciate any help or advice your members could give me. Thankyou.

My advice would be to phone Hegner UK and ask them, Another member in another thread here discovered that even when the website reports out of stock, if you speak to them on the phone they may have them.
BTW I wouldn't worry too much about the size, I have all sizes and use any of them with any blade from size 00 up to No 11, I never notice any difference between the clamps in use. They do list the 1mm one as in stock so if you can't get the others I would try the them, Pretty sure they will work fine.

On the Hex tool do you mean the square section one to tighten the blades in the clamp or the so called Allen key? The blade key Hegner call a Clock key and Allen keys are just standard keys sold everywhere.

thankyou. I’ve managed to find a pack of two . 7mm clamps on Amazon and yes the clock key is the tool I’m looking for.
do you know if Hegner are the only manufacturers of this type of tool? I am also curious to find out people’s experience of Sage Pay which is the method used by Hegner. ive never used it before.

I think you will find that Sagepay is a third party payment service, some companies use it to receive card payments. I have certainly paid companies using these services. paying is similar to using Paypal but you don't have an account with Sagepay like you do with paypal. The only difference as I understand it is that you don't get the same protections that you do when you pay normally direct with your card, although unless you are spending a huge amount I wouldn't worry too much. I have done many transactions using third party payment systems without any issues

When you pay using these third party payment services you don't normally do anything different than you do when paying direct with your card. When you are paying the web site may say something like "we are transferring you to our payment system or similar, you just enter your card details, it takes your payment them transfers you back to the original web page.

Hi there
I'm the chap 'Scrimper' refers to. Here is my comment which I posted recently and my experience with Hegner. Hope you find it useful........

I have spent several days searching where I could purchase the highly recommended Quick Release Tension Rod which goes at the rear of my Hegner and the Quick Release Blade Clamp. Hegner UK's web site stated they were out of stock. Suffice to say I surfed the world and then decided to ring Hegner UK. Spoke to a really, really helpful chap in Technical who said they had plenty of the parts I required in stock and not to take too much notice of the web site. So, If you are looking to upgrade like me ring 01743 812200. This is the number for WF-Education who have the Hegner UK franchise. The part number for the quick release tensioning rod is: HM2012QR and HM0450 for the quick blade clamp. As we all know they are not cheap and with vat and postage they relieved me of £78.55 but hey I needed them and to me it is money well spent having paid just £200 for my immaculate Multicut-2S (1992)

I think you will find that Sagepay is a third party payment service, some companies use it to receive card payments. I have certainly paid companies using these services. paying is similar to using Paypal but you don't have an account with Sagepay like you do with paypal. The only difference as I understand it is that you don't get the same protections that you do when you pay normally direct with your card, although unless you are spending a huge amount I wouldn't worry too much. I have done many transactions using third party payment systems without any issues

When you pay using these third party payment services you don't normally do anything different than you do when paying direct with your card. When you are paying the web site may say something like "we are transferring you to our payment system or similar, you just enter your card details, it takes your payment them transfers you back to the original web page.
Thankyou. I’d never heard of Sage. I’ve ordered the clock key now from Hegner. It’s twice the price on Amazon. Thankyou for your advice. You’ve been very helpful.

Hi there
I'm the chap 'Scrimper' refers to. Here is my comment which I posted recently and my experience with Hegner. Hope you find it useful........

I have spent several days searching where I could purchase the highly recommended Quick Release Tension Rod which goes at the rear of my Hegner and the Quick Release Blade Clamp. Hegner UK's web site stated they were out of stock. Suffice to say I surfed the world and then decided to ring Hegner UK. Spoke to a really, really helpful chap in Technical who said they had plenty of the parts I required in stock and not to take too much notice of the web site. So, If you are looking to upgrade like me ring 01743 812200. This is the number for WF-Education who have the Hegner UK franchise. The part number for the quick release tensioning rod is: HM2012QR and HM0450 for the quick blade clamp. As we all know they are not cheap and with vat and postage they relieved me of £78.55 but hey I needed them and to me it is money well spent having paid just £200 for my immaculate Multicut-2S (1992)
As I’m completely new to this craft I’d like to keep costs down until I know I’m going to stick with it but the quick release looks interesting and something I may invest in in the future. Thankyou for your advice.

Hi, I recently bought a second hand Hegner without a key and found that a standard radiator valve key does the job perfectly. Hope this helps.

Re sagepay, they are purely a middleman, known as a payment service provider. Typically used by merchants to process card payments securely, so that the merchant doesn’t have to do the highly secure processing of card data. using them doesn’t impact your normal credit card rights in anyway at all. They are part of the sage accounting software package group.

Re sagepay, they are purely a middleman, known as a payment service provider. Typically used by merchants to process card payments securely, so that the merchant doesn’t have to do the highly secure processing of card data. using them doesn’t impact your normal credit card rights in anyway at all. They are part of the sage accounting software package group.

Sorry but that is not strictly true. When you pay direct to the supplier using your credit card you are covered by section 75 of the consumer credit act which allows you to make a claim against your credit card company to get your money back, providing that the price of the goods or services that you wish to claim for are between £100 and £30,000. ( Section 75 doesn't apply to debit cards)

It's not unusual for a business taking payment to be acting as an agent for the actual supplier. In this circumstance, Section 75 may not apply and you may not be able to claim against the credit card provider.

This is because the card provider may argue that as payment wasn't made directly to the supplier of the goods or service, Section 75 doesn't apply.

So where possible, make any credit card payment direct to the company actually supplying the goods or services.

However as I state in my earlier post I have had to pay via third party systems and never had a problem, but then I have not had any disputes.

If you phone Axminster they supplied me with their version of the V block blade clamps, they do not list them online but had a part number which I won't quote in case its changed

They were much cheaper than the Hegner versions and better IMHO as they are allen key rather than square bolt

I have used them now for several years with the caveat that I also use a Hegner quick clamp at the top so most changing is just the top clamp but they are still working as they did when new

I asked for an AWFS18 (which is a Hegner clone) which is now an AT460SS but the same saw

If I remember rightly they supplied both sizes in one pack

Standard allen keys will be all you need to tighten, but the better quality ones do last much longer and won't damage the allen key bolt

They were very helpful on the phone , they can of course supply blades as well

I am brand new to scroll saw work. I have been given a Hegner Multicut 2 single speed saw but Don have any clamps or other accessorie. I have looked on the Hegner site but .5mm and .7mm clamps are out of stock. are there any other makes I can buy which will fit This saw. I’m also looking for a tightening tool for hex screws. I would appreciate any help or advice your members could give me. Thankyou.

Latest posts

Back