hegner and router dust extraction set up pictures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac1012

Established Member
Reaction score
IMG_0197 (640x480).jpg

IMG_0198 (640x480).jpg

Hi guys i'm still here ! just not been on here for a while hope you are all ok

just thought i would show my dust extraction set up that i am pleased with

After umming and arghrrring for months over which dust extractor to buy a wood working friend offered to long term loan me his record dust extractor that he had been using on his lathe , i just had to get the power tool conversion hose connect bags etc which cost me 30 notes from record. i live in chesterfield where record are based so good to buy local although i have to say the guys at record aren't the most friendliest or patient when having to deal with technical enquiries !

I am really pleased with the set up for the hegner and router

the hegner i pushed into the port at the side and luckily fitted snug even though the yellow connector is trimmed to fit my triton.

i was really impressed with the power and when cutting on the hegner not one speck of dust fell below the machine .

i also connected the top dust blower to the hegner port it has a little plastic port to fit the white clear tube too.

this also worked well although you have to make sure the yellow end of dust blower is closer than when you have it blowing away mode.

the dust extraction on the router was exellent to although it is enclosed rebate routering it took away most of the waste , this is partly due to the good deflection design on the triton also.

the router well i cant praise it highly enough , solid stable great features i particuarly like the controlled plunge method which you do by turning the hand grip which moves the router bit down to your cutting depth in a controlled smooth action

so takes away the jerkiness of free plunge but for purists you can choose to free plunge if you so wish, but using the wind down handle method really lets you control a lot better and you can feel the cutter better when it starts to bite into the work piece.

i have been making rebates with the guide bushes down to a depth of 28mm in hardwoods and is working really well.

another feature i like is the guide bushes and housing fit directly on to factory fitted base plate so no need for extra clumsy large base plates to be fitted and the guide bushes removal is quick and easy to revert back to routering just with the router bit , i could go on but i wont bore you any longer but just to say its a great router with great features for the money !

Also the vac is great for hoovering up after working ive nver had a worshop so clean !!

Attachments

• IMG_0197 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0197 (640x480).jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 923
  • IMG_0198 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0198 (640x480).jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 923
Mark ,good to hear from you ,that looks to be a great setup you have .It's great to work in a dust free zone and if you can work more than one tool off your system it is a bonus . I have not got to the routering stage as yet but will give it some thought now. I have a small Bosch router that I bought alms 10 years ago and has never been used so I will root it out today and see how I get on . Thanks for showing your setup Take care .

Back