Hegner 1 - but no bench!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kemo_2002

Reaction score
well im just about to purchase my first saw, however ive nothing to put it on, and i will have pretty much blew my budget on the saw, i really cant afford much else, i have an old desk can i do something with this, for the time being? its not terribly weighty though.

Eventually we wil be getting a proper work bench and building a workshop, but for the time being i need a 'quick fix'

the worst thing will be to have a shiney new saw and still cant use it! arghhh

urgh! looks like im guna have to wait to use my saw then until i fall upon a bench to put it on..aww well, all good things and all that :)

kemo_2002":3q2jpvu4 said:
urgh! looks like im guna have to wait to use my saw then until i fall upon a bench to put it on..aww well, all good things and all that :)

A work mate like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USED-BLACK-AN ... 35bf5cb31f

Or anything table wise Including your old desk , if it moves a bit put some bags of sand on it as well after all its only a platform to put the saw on

Get your saw and get cracking :p :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sturdy more important than weight my work bench not that heay but strong i brought a 6 foot event table from a festival supplier not that heavy but strong and i secured to shed wall and been fine cost me 60 pounds

oh and mac, i love you rocking horses! are they made purely by scrolling? they are really simple buy look lovely :),i tried to view you stuffon ebay (but could find you)

hi yes the first four i did were entirely from scrollling i now cut the side pieces on band saw thats all , they are straight forward but you have to make sure the matching pieces are pretty much exactly the same especially the legs and the rocker assembly if you a a bit out the the legs wont stand right on the base !

i have some other picture on here of the work i do and as i said before for the first 18months all i had was the hegner and a cheap 1/4 sheet sander , thats the good thing about scrolling once you got your saw you can keep the ongoing costs to a minimum and hopefully get some money back from making stuff all the other machines i have brought have been paid for by selling my work and i use the rest for christmas spendo !!

Mark

IMHO No bench is the best way to buy. There are various options of how scroll saws are mounted, ie high bench, low bench that you sit doen to, plain benches, shaped benches. It it any where you can for a while and you will find how you like to use it best. Then is the time for buying or making a bench just for you.

Back