Hefner SE multicut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heidi

Reaction score
Hi could anyone tell me the spa office on this model please ...
Also what’s this silver arm? If anyone knows
Many thanks

Attachments

• 66878AC5-E95B-4AFD-9E4D-E2D42C62B4A1.jpeg
    66878AC5-E95B-4AFD-9E4D-E2D42C62B4A1.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
  • 255D26FA-983B-49A0-9126-15F9994189C2.jpeg
    255D26FA-983B-49A0-9126-15F9994189C2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • 1C3AF2F4-AE5F-4688-A81E-35A15AE827BB.jpeg
    1C3AF2F4-AE5F-4688-A81E-35A15AE827BB.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 26
Firstly its a *Hegner* (not Hefner)

If you see the image attached it shows how the silver arm fits, it supports the hold down foot as shown

You will also see the later models have a quick tension lever at the front and a different type of blower tube the one you show has the tube through the arm

The one you posted appears to have variable speed which is essential IMHO , as is a quick clamp, you might ask if it comes with one as they are about £25

If you google the model number and the word manual you should find a manual with specs and lubrication points

Attachments

• Clip41.jpg
    Clip41.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 14
Hi forgive my spelling I didn’t have my glasses on, I have tried to google the specifications but nothing is coming up .... but i appreciate your reply many thanks :)

Hi forgive my spelling I didn’t have my glasses on, I have tried to google the specifications but nothing is coming up .... but i appreciate your reply many thanks :)

Hi Heidi

The only reason I mentioned the Hegner (versus Hefner) is to aid a search if you were using that spelling ;-)

I am not the spelling police ;-)

If you google Hegner Multicut SE manual

The first hit is a manual covering the model, although its for a later model not that much has changed from the one you posted about

The latest ones have a quick tension lever on the front, a bendable blower tube and will come with a quick clamp , otherwise they are about the same

Thank you :) don’t suppose you know much about these do you

Attachments

• 1F654C9E-3D6B-4C6A-80D8-A87306BC2336.jpeg
    1F654C9E-3D6B-4C6A-80D8-A87306BC2336.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 1C728AE9-B9C3-4339-9816-B343C21A6917.jpeg
    1C728AE9-B9C3-4339-9816-B343C21A6917.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
Not having had one its hard to pass an opinion, I am sure there will be others who have more experience of one

What were you thinking of using it for?

A band saw is more useful for most things but it does depend on your aims

Heidi,
had several of those radial arm saws...even a large 3phase jobby.....
they are not much use to the hobbyist.....but they sell well.....
cash it in and get a decent sliding radial arm saw......
plenty of makes to choose from....
I bought the DeWalt when they first came out.....305mm blade.....be lost without it now....
Makita and I think Hitachi make em also......
my pref is always Japanese first, allthough my Dewalt has been faultless....they are /were about £700.....
but it's been a long time since I was in the UK..other's will tell u about European makes of which some are excellant but I used mine to earn a living and spares are just a phone call away, anywhere in the world......
there are smaller models but u'll soon find their limits....OK for picture frames n the like.....
It all depends on what ur doing and how much money u have,
in an ideal world a decent basic kit would be a
saw bench 9-10inch.....the above chop saw....router table with something like 2-3hp machine....the small routers are just toys.....
I have a several but I always grab the big'uns.....
now the luxury stuff,
spindle moulder, bandsaw and a decent lathe, planer-thicknesser.....
plus we havn't mentioned the hand tools yet

again it's what u wanna do that counts...
also have u any experience with these machines....? like all woodworking tools inc the hand types they are or can be
DANGEROUS......
If ur patient good tools can be picked up quite cheaply.......
IF u start small n grow, just see how u like it.....what ever u buy tools wise, buy decent stuff then should u finish with it all it's easy to sell on.....mostley u'll get ur money back.....
I sold all my WADKIN machines for more than I paid for them and I had 16 years of use into the bargain....
Had to sell em all because I moved again another 800 miles away and it was just to costley to transport....
have now started to buy again.....well the big stuff anyway......hahaah....
I wish u every sucsess......it's a great hobby and there will be plenty to help u thru the learning process....
in my day there we're evening classes .....or find some old guy who'll help u.....
once my new worshop is built I have a retired guy who wants to learn.....
said he can use my workshop for his projects untill he finds his feet.....
it's good to help others learn....I had to......

Thank you :) don’t suppose you know much about these do you
Only just spotted this enquiry, not sure if it is of any interest but I have recently done two videos about Dewalt Radial arm saws inc the DW320, part one is here

Latest posts

Back