HEEEELLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all is there somebody who can give me access to a lathe or even do some turning for me. To be specific two pieces turned from Walnut. One is a 55 dia tapering down to 18 dia. The other is 18 dia dowel. I have the walnut blank/s.
The only down side is that I need them fairly quickly, within the next couple of weeks.

Bean

Bean":t684hs0z said:
One is a 55 dia tapering down to 18 dia. The other is 18 dia dowel. I have the walnut blank/s.

Bean,

You must put the units in, I looked at that and wondered who was going to have lathe with a 2' 6" swing :shock: but them remembered you work in those mm things :oops: not quiet such a problem.

On a more sensible note how long are pieces you are talking about?

Bean":2brzxhkz said:
Hi all is there somebody who can give me access to a lathe or even do some turning for me. To be specific two pieces turned from Walnut. One is a 55 dia tapering down to 18 dia. The other is 18 dia dowel. I have the walnut blank/s.
The only down side is that I need them fairly quickly, within the next couple of weeks.

Bean

Bean

I have a wood lathe. You live 15miles away. ergo, I can't help ,sorry :wink:

Or you could nip over on Sunday and turn them yourself :lol:

Dave I'm sorry its a bad habit of mine, I was taught both Imperial and Metric units as a lad and as a result I tend to switch between them using the most useful at the time, hence I may start out with mm and switch to thou in the middle of the conversation. It keeps my suppliers on thier toes 8) .

Tony thanks just one problem I'm tied up until Tuesday pm and I cannot turn wood, and apart from that its a long way and its cold and I'm poorly and and and I'm going to cry :cry:

Bean

Bean":3nffytco said:
Tony thanks just one problem I'm tied up until Tuesday pm and I cannot turn wood, and apart from that its a long way and its cold and I'm poorly and and and I'm going to cry :cry:

Bean

A shame :roll:

Turning the items you want is easy and you can do it, you just havent' treid yet :wink:

You're right it is a looonnggggg way :wink: in fact according to Microsoft autroroute, it's 10.2 (long) miles!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any day is OK.

Back