Heating Controller

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

custard

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a heating controller for the underfloor heating in my kitchen, it plugs into a wall socket. The LCD has gone blank and it's stopped working. Does anyone have any idea what model it is so that I can replace it and get the heating back up and running?

Thanks!

Heating-Controller-01.jpg

Heating-Controller-02.jpg

Thats a "WarmUp TH 132 F" underfloor heating programmer......for Electric underfloor heating. Made by a company called AUBE I think.....

Plenty of them available online Custard.

Edit. Spectric has nailed it... (y)

Custard do you mind me asking how effective your underfloor heating is? Would it replace a couple of radiators for example. It’s something I’m considering for my kitchen refurb.
Bob

Hi

Underfloor heating can be very effective, your initial choice is wet or electric. It works very well when installed as part of a new floor because you have the depth and can have good insulation boards onto which it can be layed plus a good 75mm of screed on top which acts like a large thermal mass. Takes time to warm up but then it just maintains the set temperature. With an existing floor you don't have the depth but there are systems designed for such situations and you need to be aware of your final covering, ie tiles or wood etc.

With many new builds since the nineties many floors are way off level and in this case if doing a major refurb you could decide to raise the floor height to level and fit underfloor heating as well. If your house has lino then this can be a sign of unlevel floors. In my current home built in the nineties the utility room floor had a central high spot that fell away in all directions, needed to be raised 30mm in the doorway area and about 20mm in other areas so it could be tiled, the tiler said he could not tile it because the depth of tile adhesive would be to much. This now means my kitchen floor is lower and so will be having underfloor heating, a single loop wet system.

Back