Heating allowance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trainee neophyte":1y0mfpj9 said:
Garno":1y0mfpj9 said:
-3 here today, seen some very unhappy brass monkeys all speaking soprano :shock: :shock: :shock:
A smug 20°C today, but before you get too envious, we have had a nasty outbreak of mosquitoes. Not just a few - clouds of the things. Insane hordes f blood-sucking mayhem. We are all counting lumps and comparing extensive texts written in Braille on various body parts.

Desperate for some cold to kill them all off. If you could organise a swap...
We favour swops round these parts.

John Brown":1a3ooder said:
Trainee neophyte":1a3ooder said:
Garno":1a3ooder said:
-3 here today, seen some very unhappy brass monkeys all speaking soprano :shock: :shock: :shock:
A smug 20°C today, but before you get too envious, we have had a nasty outbreak of mosquitoes. Not just a few - clouds of the things. Insane hordes f blood-sucking mayhem. We are all counting lumps and comparing extensive texts written in Braille on various body parts.

Desperate for some cold to kill them all off. If you could organise a swap...
We favour swops round these parts.

"And soo sir launcelot rode on the one syde and she on the other / he had not ryden but a whyle / but the knyghte badde sir Launcelot torne hym and loke behynde hym // and there wyth was the knyghte and the lady on one syde / & sodenly he swapped of his ladyes hede"

Each to their owne.

SammyQ":5rpfccpf said:
Yup. S.A.D got temporarily banned; managed a trip out in the novelty of direct sunlight 8) .

What I wouldn't have given though to be on the Fiacaill Ridge,

on the way to the top of Cairn Gorm, crackin' ascent in this dry, clear weather. Then down the Goat Track to the car park. Today, it might just have been clear of snow.

Sam
That looks pretty ace, a little envious.

I'm 63 and havent made it to Scotland for 4 years now, so I know how you feel.
I'm hoping to make it back soon, now I live on the mainland and a mate (ex-Snowdon Mountain Rescue) and I have a long-established yen to do the Aonach Eagach before our hips seize up...

Sam

I too was surprised to receive an unrequested £200 to keep me warm - even though for the last two years we have spent three winter months somewhere the temparature during the day rarely falls below 15 C.

It would be far better to increase the taxable state pension to cover the heating allowance. Those on low incomes would continue to get the full benefit as they don't pay tax. Taxpayers would pay at whatever their top rate of tax is.

Fairer and no need for means testing bureaucracies.

Back