Heaters.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a propane space heater in my garage. Gets it nice and toasty.
You've just have to watch the Carbon Monoxide build up, it takes a big or well ventilated work space to take the risk. I have a propane heater in my workshop, and thought all was good until the £15 CO monitor bleeped after 30 seconds every time I turned the propane on. The heat is great but make sure you have a monitor near your workbench. People die from this.

It was frosty this morning again so on the way to the workshop I popped into screwfix and got one of these Erbauer BGP2108-25-1 Freestanding PTC Heater 2500W

I figured its not expensive, can do cold fan only for summer and is portable so I can use it upstairs as well if i need to, I have one of the erbaur rechargeable lights which is great so I thought it worth a try.

It does the job surprisingly well considering its size, I turned it on maximum and it heated up in about 10 seconds, pointed it towards where I was working for some direct heat. It took a while to warm the entire room but after about an hour and a half I turned it right down. The insulation is pretty good so once warm in there it only came on once or twice to maintain the temperature.

Ollie

Back