Heart attack.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Simon, appreciated. Apart from the fact that I've been forced to slow down by my controlled PR I feel pretty good.
I'm still learning my limits. I walked from the son's car to the local bookshop this morning, slightly up hill and about 50yds, and frankly I was glad to rest when I got there. But these are the things I have to learn, to control, to improve on, or simply to accept. It's a whole new world.

Roy.

Hi Roy,

It may be a bit soon to be walking uphill, even slightly. Get yourself accustomed to the flat first I think.

Obviously you will know your limits but we often think we can do more than we actually can in these situations.

regards

Brian

paulm":2ei769ne said:
Blimey, a reminder to the rest of us not to take good health for granted and to make the most of every day I guess.

Glad you are both okay and hope you start to feel better before too long Roy.

All best, Paul

+1

Best wishes Roy

You clearly have a lot of fight in you. It's usually the folk who give up who don't recover.

Bob

Got a shock reading this Roy. Glad you're still with us and I'm sure it will just take time but you will feel better as time progresses.

My grandad died of a heart attack a few years ago. No warning signs, just bang and he was gone. A massive shock to us all especially as he was very fit and healthy all his life. Probably the high fat Scottish diet that did it.

One really never knows what's around the corner.

The problem with that Brian is there are no flat areas around here! Previously I wouldn't have even noticed the hill it is so slight, but they have one advantage for me, they will enable me to measure my progress.

I had no warning either Jen, one friend said to me on the phone that I would have been the last person he knew who would have suffered a heart attack.

Thank you all for your kind words, they are much appreciated I promise you.

Roy.

Hi Roy. Sorry to hear your woes.

I hope you have a speedy (well, slow and steady :wink: ) recovery.

Best wishes,

Roy

Roy, Alan,

So sorry to hear about your problems.
You have my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hoping you're back to normal as soonest.

Regards and take it easy.

John :)

My wife and I called in at my GP's this morning, and as he wished 'good morning' I dropped my bag of medicines on his desk.
He looked terribly shocked!
I don't smoke, I drink very little, I'm very active and I eat a healthy diet, but my father died of CHD and I guess I inherited a bad gene.
Luck of the draw.

Roy.

I suppose it can seem a bit contrary Roy.
I just changed my diet too. I am losing weight like a good 'un, BP is down and apart from the osteo pains, I haven't felt this good in years. I can bear the joint-pain, but I just wish I could become a bit more active.

Incidentally, you mentioned you are deaf. You reminded me, I must get in touch with my 'Best Man', of 50 years ago. He too is a deaf mute, and he hasn't been in touch lately. Thanks for the nudge!

Regards John :wink:

I wish I could locate my 'Best Man.' We lost touch many years ago, sadly.

Roy.

Only just seen this thread, Roy; can't offer any advice, as so far our family has been remarkably free of heart attacks, but wish you a steady recovery. Steady is probably the operative word - take it a day at a time.

And keep off cold meats, unless you know how they've been handled - SWMBO had really bad food poisoning from cold tongue at a party (which sounds much more risque than it was). Also keep clear of small children with intestinal problems - daughter got norovirus from nephews and was really poorly, while, of course, the kids were only slightly sick.

Hi Roy

Sorry to hear about your woes mate. Hope your recovery goes smooth and well.

Some years ago, whilst physically fit, my resting heartbeat was around 140 - don't ask why, I don't know. It prompted me to start swimming, for the cardio and the fact that I couldn't swim. Now 8 yrs later, it's around 60. Lately my "drum" on the front has prompted action - didn't want to get Type 2 diabetes. :shock: So 2 months ago, cut all the rubbish (muffins, cakes, etc.) out of the diet and started eating realistic portions, as opposed to eat until you can't fit anymore in. :mrgreen:

Gone from 14,6 stones to just under 13 stones, with a target of of 12,7. Waist has already gone down to 33", which I haven't been in 20yrs. :lol: Wifey finds it funny. :roll:

It's shocking just how slowly "stuff" creeps up on you as you get older! :lol:

On another note,

Digit":1qvvvj1y said:
I have nothing against Islam, but some of the practioners need shooting!

Roy.

couldn't agree more mate. Intolerant tw@ts! Apparently my goatee isn't long enough and my pants aren't short enough! LOL!

Wishing you well mate!

Dibs

Morriston Cardiac unit Dick is apparently one of the top cardiac units in Europe, and the first thing I told a nurse after I awoke following the surgery was, I'm dangerous! I have food poisoning.
From that moment I was denied access to all facilities, the following day, when the lab confirmed it, I was isolated. My daughter came to see me with her 3 yr old daughter and she was denied admitance with the child who was entertained elsewhere.

Thanks Dibs. I read a report the other day about the slump in popularity within the Egyptian people of the Muslim Brotherhood in their parliament. Apparently they engaged in a serious debate, at some length, as to whether necrophilia was legal as the couple were still married after death under Sharia!
One comment was that Islam is about getting a job and supporting your family, not growing a beard!
Maybe there's hope yet.

Roy.

Digit":3cun0r0a said:
Apparently they engaged in a serious debate, at some length, as to whether necrophilia was legal as the couple were still married after death under Sharia!
Roy.

They need a pineappling slap! Pardon my French. Once a spouse dies, inheritance laws kick in and the marriage is dissolved, period. A woman whose husband dies is free to remarry without hindrance, obviously not the case if the husband is alive and the marriage subsists. Bloody idiots - taking simple things and complicating matters. 1400yrs of elaboration of scripture prove the point.

Digit":3cun0r0a said:
One comment was that Islam is about getting a job and supporting your family, not growing a beard!
Roy.

And contributing to society, wherever that is. Bit like that WWII poster, "Ask not what your Country can do for you, but what you can do for your Country!" (Not the one you were born in, but the one you live in!)

Would like to shake the hand of the person who made the comment on the "getting a job"!

Dibs

It's much the same with the religious parties in Israel Dibs. Some years ago an Israeli orbited the Earth in an American shuttle. The Rabbis were beside themselves as they attempted to fit scriptural dogma into the moderned world.
The Jewish 'day' begins at sunset, and due to the speed of the shuttle the Sun set every few hours!

Roy.

Digit":3bc4sgn7 said:
It's much the same with the religious parties in Israel Dibs. Some years ago an Israeli orbited the Earth in an American shuttle. The Rabbis were beside themselves as they attempted to fit scriptural dogma into the moderned world.
The Jewish 'day' begins at sunset, and due to the speed of the shuttle the Sun set every few hours!

Roy.

ROFL!

Back