Heads up Thursday 30th, tools in liddle next week , good quality Sliding bevel under 5 quid!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ttrees

Iroko loco!
Reaction score
Hello folks
Was in shopping today, and stumbled across this sliding bevel.
Its solid aluminium and finished well, locks like the shinwa ones, been wanting one of those for a while
but this one will last, well at least the stock will, its quite/very stout compared to a brass and rosewood one, and locks really well.
It was among sliding rulers with stops, and some of the tools like toolboxes and whatnot.

It's not listed in the UK liddle mag, nor the one over here, which is odd.
Certainly worth looking for, great tool, pity the blade isn't blued steel, but the stock has a quality that would make one look for a cheapie blued one.

SAM_5144.JPG

Can't speak for the dovetail guide, not a fan of aluminium marking out tools.
SAM_5146.JPG

Last edited:
The veritas dovetail tools are aluminium so I cannot see it being a problem.

Cheers James

During the Xmas period, my local Lidl shop was just full of food. No tools were in the shelves at all.
Couldn't see a single tool apart from a bunch of carpet cleaner.

Might you have been lucky to spot a returned item? Was there more than one?
There was a bunch of them in a small upright box with either choice of black adjustable alloy rulers with a stop which was a bit carpy lookin by comparison.
I got there late, and there was little of anything left, few tool boxes and other nick nacks.
Here is our weeks tools, so you can make your mind up whether you might wish to take the chance to find one, I'd reckon a good chance of finding it.
Screenshot-2021-12-29 December 2021 - January 2022 Page 18 - Lidl Ireland.png
Screenshot-2021-12-29 December 2021 - January 2022 Page 20 - Lidl Ireland.png

Screenshot-2021-12-29 December 2021 - January 2022 Page 22 - Lidl Ireland.png
Screenshot-2021-12-29 December 2021 - January 2022 Page 24 - Lidl Ireland.png

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
thinking of getting one of these bevel gauge's tomorrow, if they still have any in stock that is.

Last edited:
I managed to buy a bubble level magnetic trays and dowel jig. Wish they sell Bosch bench drill for special buys.

I managed to buy a bubble level, magnetic trays and dowel jig. Wish they sell Bosch bench drill for special buys.

I went today and couldn't find the sliding bevel anywhere? could it be possible it's not available yet.

Would be interesting to know if the rest of Europe, or at least the ones closest to the UK get these offers at the same time, or beforehand.
Be nice for the heads up if that were the case.
Haven't noticed much in regards to unlisted tools before, and normally never miss anything (well at least the second time round) which I might need in future.
Seems we're scheduled a week ahead of ye, with some small variants.

I can say it seemed strange that the two items were priced the same.
Not listed anywhere on the net as far as I looked, possibly some error in some way,
and folks in Eire got the small amount which was sent here?

Latest posts

Back