Heads up! L-N #60.5 s/h £65

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For heaven's sakes, if you know somewhere with L-N block planes for less than that, tell us! Considering they're £112 or thereabouts new and secondhand L-N's seem to go at or near retail, I thought it was pretty good. However...

Cheers, Alf

Who'll probably not bother next time :roll:

Will I think thats a good deal, if I was looking for an LN block I would have been of the phone first thing this morning. :D
May be the postage to Canada is on the steep side? 8-[

Alf":125aspwg said:
For heaven's sakes, if you know somewhere with L-N block planes for less than that, tell us! Considering they're £112 or thereabouts new and secondhand L-N's seem to go at or near retail, I thought it was pretty good. However...

Cheers, Alf

Who'll probably not bother next time :roll:

I did say I was parsimonius. :)

At the risk of re-igniting a collector vs user debate, it looks to me that someone bought a fair bit of LN stuff that wasn't really fulfilling a need, but was bought simply because it was LN.

And has now realised it,

BugBear

bugbear":3bh3u8ns said:
At the risk of re-igniting a collector vs user debate, it looks to me that someone bought a fair bit of LN stuff that wasn't really fulfilling a need, but was bought simply because it was LN.
And has now realised it,
BugBear
That would be one way to interpret the fact there was a few LN for sale there.

Another would be, seeing how unless it was you, BB, it is difficult to say *why* someone would had sold them to PT, would be to say at least one person decided to, well, sell one or more of them for whatever reason. But it's not as fun to put it that way.

As for conjecture not wanting to spark debate...

It has already sold, sometime ago apparently and they thought they'd updated their website... :roll:

Thanks for pointing it out though Alf and I for one would love to know next time you spot one going cheap - I was armed with the Amex when I phoned them...

Cheers,

Pete

cambournepete":1vblyei0 said:
It has already sold, sometime ago apparently and they thought they'd updated their website... :roll:
Bum. Sorry about that, Pete. Always a risk. :(

Funny thing, PFT do spasmodically have L-N's for sale, as does Second Hand Tools, whereas I don't think I've ever seen any on any of the other dealers sites. Coincidentally, PFT used to be owned by Gerry Dawson of SHT. Anyway, apparently one lot PFT had was because a collector had his collection pinched, the insurance company stumped up the lettuce, he bought replacements and then the police found the knocked-off ones. Apparently, and I find this hard to believe, the insurance company said "keep 'em", so the spares were sold via PFT. So yes, it could be a collector, but it could just be the "spares". Or it could be the owner's deceased and the little old widow woman is trying to top up her pension. Or there's been a divorce. Or Tiny Tim needs an urgent operation in a far-flung land and so things are being sold to raise funds. Or... Heck, it could be a field experiment by Professor Beetlebaumhousen gone horribly wrong, but don't get my imagination working on that one. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Anyone remember which dealer had a more or less complete set of borderline unused modern Stanley planes and other tools being sold because the owner had found out about LN and was replacing the lot. About a year ago, IIRC.

BugBear

Back